OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Standing Rock Reservation South Dakota  (Read 655 times)

Offline carrollms13

Standing Rock Reservation South Dakota
« on: March 20, 2023, 01:22:36 PM »
I have tags for Standing Rock this year, Heading down 2nd week in May. We’re staying in Mobridge SD. I’ve done some research on OnX and Google Earth, comparing it to the reservation map.

How’s the population?

Has anyone hunted Standing Rock Reservation? If so some help would be greatly appreciated. Not looking for you honey holes, just some direction. What to do or not to do etc…

Offline dixiemagnum80

Re: Standing Rock Reservation South Dakota
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2023, 04:45:25 PM »
I’m no help but 4 of us put in for the Prairie tag. Going to be hunting private land in 39A the first week of May, if we draw tags. Good luck to you and your search!
Chuck

Offline bwall3220

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2023, 05:32:07 PM »
It's been 10 years since I hunted the Standing Rock but the hunting was good when I went, I killed in South Dakota & North Dakota both in the same day. Back then I just looked on their website at their "guide list" which was really landowners that allowed hunting and started calling names. I remember both landowners just wanted "beer money" as a trespass fee, haha.
PM me if you want and I'll give you the names that I wound up hunting on, unfortunately I do not have their phone numbers anymore but I have their names in my turkey kill spreadsheet!

Offline carrollms13

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2023, 07:04:08 PM »
Dixiemagnum80- good luck to you, hopefully you will draw and have a successful hunt!

Offline carrollms13

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2023, 07:05:45 PM »
Bwall3220- thanks for the help, I’ll send you a PM.

They don’t give a list of names anymore, the map I received just has tracts listed as tribal land/alloted tribal land