OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Red dot foot print compatibility?

Started by jb1069, March 20, 2023, 10:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb1069

I am having to send my Vortex Venom back to Vortex for repair. Getting this close to season I am not sure they will have it back to me in time to get sighted back in. I may be buying a replacement if I don't get my sight back in the next week. Looking for suggestions on a different brand that will have the same foot print as the Venom. I was think Burris FF3 but see alot of issues with the battery cap. What other sights would you guys recommend? I am using the Sumtoy mount for the Venom. Thanks

Sixes

Holosun is an excellent choice.

But, if you like the Venom, why not just buy another one of those and have an instant back up

Yoder409

Quote from: Sixes on March 20, 2023, 11:01:23 AM
.......... if you like the Venom, why not just buy another one of those and have an instant back up

Kinda what I was thinking, too. 
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

jb1069

Just to try something else. I have only used the vortex so was just wandering if there were other ones guys liked as well or more than the Venom.

quackaddict

I really like my at3 micro. I have/had(can't find) a Fastfire that I used for awhile, and I like the at3 better than the Fastfire. Same footprint, better on/off/adjustment button, better battery cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

jb1069

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look this one up!

johnnyk2000

I have an AT3 micro on one of my 20 ga as well and I really like it also.

Timmer

I've had a Burris FF3 for years and never had any problems other than losing the rain/sun shade cover thingamabob.  The one time I inquired about purchasing a replacement they sent me one for free.
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

jb1069

I ordered the AT3 micro based off of your guys recommendations and the good reviews. Cant beat the price. Got it straight from their website for $136 with taxes and free shipping. Thanks to all for the suggestions.

jb1069

I received the At3 micro yesterday. Very fast shipping and right out of the box I am very impressed. It appears very well built and I like the single/larger button for the on/off and brightness controls much better than my other sight. I have it mounted and will hopefully get it sighted in this weekend.