OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Compact binoculars

Started by Louisiana Longbeard, March 19, 2023, 11:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louisiana Longbeard

What compact binoculars do you guys recommend for toting around the turkey woods in a Glenda green satchel? I don't want to wear em around my neck.

Greg Massey

I use Vortex 10 x 28 ... small compact ... Diamondback ...  I lost the eye covers one time and i contacted them to buy more and they said no.. they shipped me replacements for Free... great customer service...

deerhunt1988

Maven C2 7x28

This will be my 5th season using them, love them!

https://mavenbuilt.com/products/c-2-7x28-10x28

Jester87

If you can find the older Cabelas HD Intensity 8x25, at 8.3oz with a 332 FOV @1000, they'd be the cheapest, lightest, smallest. Do a search and you'll find some threads discussing it here.

Turkeybutt

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 19, 2023, 12:32:38 PM
I use Vortex 10 x 28 ... small compact ... Diamondback ...  I lost the eye covers one time and i contacted them to buy more and they said no.. they shipped me replacements for Free... great customer service...
I use the same and I must say Vortex customer service is really great.  I lost my lens cover and when I called them they shipped me another lens cover plus asked what size tee shirt I wore and sent me two shirts and a hat for free along with another lens cover.

Badger

Maven 10 X 30.  Great for Bow hunting as well.

Bowguy

You shouldn't admit to the purse buddy!!!
Consider this. Are you sure you want "compact?" There's none, not even Swarovski's that're not like looking through a keyhole when that tiny. Not trying to convince you if you're assured you want otherwise but I'd recommend going 8x30-32. You'll see lots more, way easier and the light gathering will be substantially better. How often do you walk onto a ridge and scan ahead in the dark for roosted birds, try to locate birds roosted last night,  or do you ever roost birds in the evening and need to see in low light. Than again how often is it just breaking daylight and you'd like to scan out yonder for birds around you. This capability matters. Glass is pretty opinionated by many until they use good glass. At that point they realize what they didn't know and get Zeiss, Leica or Swarovski. I use the 8-32 Zeiss conquests for all the advantages carrying binoculars can offer.
Lots of guys recommend Vortex. I'm not exactly sure what they're seeing. I thought they had real clarity issues though I never looked through the highest end model so just be advised of that

RatherBeHunting

I had a pair of Swarovski 8 X 32 EL's that I really liked but after using them for a few years decided I wanted something more compact for toting around the woods. (I have a pair of Leica 10X42 for vehicle use)
I went with Leica 8x20 BCR Ultravid's. Have used them for a few years now and I love them. I fold them up and stick them in my shirt pocket.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

aclawrence

I'd get some Maven B1 8x42's if I could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quackaddict

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Nathan_Wiles

I use a pair of vortex 8x32's for turkey and the Rick Young harness. It's a great combo for my needs.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Louisiana Longbeard

I've got a pair of Swarovski 10x42 I use for deer hunting. But I just don't see the need to tote that big and heavy of a pair of Binos around turkey hunting. Just looking for something good and compact. Thanks for all the replies

Duckdogdad

J-Shaped

Kowa 6.5x32 wide angle. I've found these to be a good balance between wooded vs open terrain and they punch above their price point.

https://www.kowaoptic.com/kowa-bdii32-6-5xd-binocular-6-5x32-wide-angle?c=128