OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A Forum Forged Friendship

Started by Tom007, March 18, 2023, 12:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

This thread is a special one to me. I joined this great forum several years ago. I didn't know anyone on here, I just felt after visiting as a guest that I really would enjoy being a part of this great fraternity of the greatest Turkey hunters in this country and abroad. Shortly after becoming a member, a guy reached out to me. His name is Greg Massey. As you know, Greg is pretty much a pioneer here, has been a member for many years and is a fine contributor. He reached out to me unsolicited to offer contact information on one of our loyal call builders. We started regularly communicating on various Turkey related topics, he has a wealth of knowledge he is more than happy to share. Fast forward, a few weeks ago we were talking, and I mentioned that I had a Dixon vest that I reluctantly sold well before the "boom". I knew he regularly visited the NWTF convention and told him I would be more than willing to pay him to possibly pick me up a Fox Vest. He told me he wasn't going this year, or he would. Last week, I got a call from him, and he told me that him and his wife visited the Mossy Oak event, waited on line, and were lucky enough to get 2 numbered vests. He asked me if I would like one of them, of course I jumped at the chance. He sent me a picture of the receipt for the exact amount, plus shipping. We all saw what people were getting for these vests, he told me his intent was not to make one cent off this vest. I've never even met him in person! I asked him, Why Me? He said "I could tell you were sorry you sold the Dixon, and that getting one of these would mean so much". Wow, he spent days driving, standing on line in the cold with his wife and got me a vest, along with the event brochure and line card. Today, it came in the mail. Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to thank him and his wife for their selfless act of kindness, I am proud to call them my friends....be safe
"Solo hunter"

shoer2

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Dtrkyman

So how much you want for it?   I jest.

Turkey hunters are generally good folks! 

owlhoot

With all the hype and drama about this vest.

This is what it should have been all about.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Turkeybutt

Greg Massey is a good old boy's and like you Tom he reached out to me and we talked turkey for a while.  I don't know I might have reached out to him, but we became friends.
He has a wealth of knowledge and is always ready to share his experience or a story. It doesn't surprise me that he went out of his way to get that vest for you Tom, that's just the kind of guy he is.
The only thing bad I could say about Greg is after our talks and some recommendations about calls I am now a collector. Thanks Greg! Oh wait you are also responsible in part for my addiction Tom.
We have some great members who are willing to share information, advice or will do things for others without asking.
One of the many reasons this forum is the best around!

ElkTurkMan

Gobbler428

Great post    Great friends    Great forum   Doesn't get any better than this.

runngun

This is what it is all about!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

NCL

What a great story and gesture. Proves there are good people in the world. Tom thank you for sharing sure made my day,

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Wigsplitter

turkey stew

Congrats on the vest. That is what friendship is all about! People helping people out when they can! I guess us hunters were brought up right.

SDK

This is great to see and congratulations on the new vest!

Greg also helped me and reached out privately to both help me choose the right call and to wish me the best when I picked it up. It's nice to see that there are still people like this in the world....