turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sling for pistol grip shotgun

Started by Borden811, March 18, 2023, 11:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borden811

Let me start by saying I love having a pistol grip on my turkey gun. That being said, I despise the guns(benelli, franchi) that have the sling attachment in the side of the stock. I guess I should say, I hate having the sling attached there. I just can't find a way to carry it as comfortable as a normally slung shotgun. I just picked up a new franchi a3 turkey 20ga. I'd rather not drill a hole in a brand new gun to put a regular sling stud in it. Other than that option, am I missing something? Any tips or tactics that you guys use?

Tsgman

I hunt with a backpack and utilize a gun bearer.  It is my favorite way to carry a rifle.  May or may not work with your setup.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Borden811

Quote from: Tsgman on March 18, 2023, 12:04:04 PM
I hunt with a backpack and utilize a gun bearer.  It is my favorite way to carry a rifle.  May or may not work with your setup.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Not sure I'd like having the gun under my arm. Do you think it could be rigged up high on a shoulder strap, and used behind the shoulder, instead of in-front?

redwad

I have a franchi a3.5 12 gauge. I looped paracord through the slot on the stock and am able to rig up a sling nicely. Doesn't bother me one bit

Joshuahbf

Quote from: redwad on March 19, 2023, 08:25:36 AM
I have a franchi a3.5 12 gauge. I looped paracord through the slot on the stock and am able to rig up a sling nicely. Doesn't bother me one bit

You can post a picture of your paracord setup so I can try and rig up one myself

Greg Massey

I have the paracord setup on the side stock Franchi, i was the one who invented this setup... if you want pictures, just Pm message me your cell and i will send you pictures It's really simple and works great and will cost you around 10 dollars for one part ...

RiverRoost

My brother bought me one of those S-Logan rubber type gun slings that has two straps. It can be used like a regular sling or the straps spread across your chest to wear your gun like a backpack straps when you are doing some decent walking.

BDeal

I bought a one inch super sling and it works ok. It threads through that stupid Franchi stock attachment.