OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Opinions on 20g - Franchi Affinity 3 or Mossberg SA20 Tactical Turkey? Other?

Started by Timmer, March 21, 2023, 05:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmer

Thanks all for the feedback.  According to their website, the Mossberg SA-20 Tactical Turkey w/ pistol grip has a length of pull of 12.75", vs the standard stock length of pull of 14.25".  I want a pistol grip and that LOP is way too short for me.  The Franchi is 14.375".   Between the LOP and the opinions of this site and another site, the Franchi wins.  Now I just have to convince the boss that I NEED to spend $950! 
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

cannonball

Quote from: Timmer on March 30, 2023, 06:58:53 PM
Thanks all for the feedback.  According to their website, the Mossberg SA-20 Tactical Turkey w/ pistol grip has a length of pull of 12.75", vs the standard stock length of pull of 14.25".  I want a pistol grip and that LOP is way too short for me.  The Franchi is 14.375".   Between the LOP and the opinions of this site and another site, the Franchi wins.  Now I just have to convince the boss that I NEED to spend $950!

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission... :D

Timmer

Quote from: cannonball on March 31, 2023, 08:36:09 AM

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission... :D

Great mantra but you don't know my wife!  She's a former accountant and runs a tight ship. 
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

jhoward11

DIVORCE attorneys like it when you ask for forgiveness also??? Go with permission!!! Or she might own that gun later!

BDeal

I bought the Franchi and have had a lot of problems. The first one was sent back for a refund and the second had to be sent in to their gunsmith for repair. It seems to be working for now but I don't trust it and will never own another Franchi. I wish I would have bought the Mossberg!! The Franchi kicks more than expected for a 20 gauge due to the inerita system (which I think is junk) and the Mossberg is lighter as well.