OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

My 10

Started by jerf, March 16, 2023, 04:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerf

All done but mounting the swamp fox liberty green dot. Got the sight,mount combo from meadow creek.

Sent from my SM-A135U using Tapatalk

Palmetto Pirate

Really nice! I love my Gold 10 I mounted Truglo rifle sights on it I didn't know if the dots could handle the recoil when I set it up. Put a sling on it to help with the weight. To 65 yards dead in its tracks with Winchester #5's on paper longer but never had to try it over 65 yards yet. I sure yours will do the exact same. Just something about a 10 that's special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My beard is grey and my spurs short and I roost on the ground but I still gobble in the Spring!

jerf

What choke do ya use?

RED NECK

The gun looks outstanding, how did you go about this setup? What are you planning on shooting for shells and a choke? Congrats!
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Palmetto Pirate

Indian Creek I think it's a 680 or 685

My beard is grey and my spurs short and I roost on the ground but I still gobble in the Spring!

the Ward

Looks great!

the Ward

Is that paint or dipped? Looks a lot like the pattern on my SX4. Really blends in well.

jerf

Quote from: the Ward on March 16, 2023, 07:06:33 PM
Is that paint or dipped? Looks a lot like the pattern on my SX4. Really blends in well.

I had it dipped.

jerf

Quote from: Palmetto Pirate on March 16, 2023, 06:44:24 PM
Indian Creek I think it's a 680 or 685

Thanks

jerf

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on March 16, 2023, 06:42:43 PM
The gun looks outstanding, how did you go about this setup? What are you planning on shooting for shells and a choke? Congrats!
I handload nickle 5 shot. Not sure on choke yet.

Palmetto Pirate

I have a hand loader also only loaded nickel buckshot when I was deer hunting off a buggy. Can you tell me your load info I've been curious about it.

jerf

My load is not tested so I'm gonna have to pass.

Palmetto Pirate

The one thing I had done to mine was to have it ported and back bored. It helped the shoulder and the pattern for the buckshot the gun always seemed to pattern birdshot well.

jerf

Gonna leave mine as is. I did just order a Indian Creek 690.

krm944

That dip looks really nice!