turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Display option

Started by 2flyfish4, April 02, 2023, 08:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2flyfish4

Seems most just care about the full fan display, or beard and spurs.

I started this display last year with the tail and saddle feathers and the spent shotgun shell. Put alittle hot glue down in the bottom of the shell to hold the feathers in place. I also use a small magnet to hold it secure to the ammo box i currently have them displayed on.

2flyfish4

Feel free to post up any unique ways you display your birds.

Upfold99

I like the shell and feather idea.  Saves alot of room.  I have fans and no more wall space.  Did this a few years back.  1st attempt.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

Very nice idea on the shotshell and feathers.   That would work well for a desk display, subtle for a work environment even.  I may try that this year.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Turkeybutt

I like the tail and saddle feather display. Different and unique.

Treerooster

I like it. Simple but very nice. Great idea. First thing I thought of when I saw it was they were prone to just fall over...then I saw the magnet.

So many bird feathers are cool to look at.

Sir-diealot

I still have the little chest feathers that are very iridescent and when I feel good enough about my gluing on calls I will make a call and put one of them in there under crystal or glass. I like what you did, I still have the shell I took my only turkey with.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

2flyfish4

Yes, I was originally thinking of putting some fishing weight in the bottom of the shell for weight to keep it from falling over, but the magnet works great.

I still keep beards and spurs from every bird I shoot. But the feathers just seem so much more appealing to me. As we all know, they are gorgeous birds.