OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Avian X Crusher Chokes  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Glades

Avian X Crusher Chokes
« on: March 16, 2023, 09:16:38 AM »
Has anyone tried these chokes?

From their pictures online, they seem to have "burrowed" Sumtoy's internal design and Patternmaster's boat porting.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: Avian X Crusher Chokes
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 09:35:41 AM »
Wow your right, looks like a 100% ripoff of Sumtoy's chokes. Also, I don't understand why
choke makers design their chokes to work like anti-personnel frag devices with all the exterior styling
cuts on the exposed muzzle part. Seems to me it would work like a grenade if something got
stuck in the muzzle.

Offline Glades

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 09:56:17 AM »
At first I thought these were being manufactured by Patternmaster. But I can't imagine a choke with this much machining being sold for $45. I bet they took William's design and Patternmaster design and went offshore for manufacturing.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 12:10:00 PM »
At first I thought these were being manufactured by Patternmaster. But I can't imagine a choke with this much machining being sold for $45. I bet they took William's design and Patternmaster design and went offshore for manufacturing.
You are probably right about that. Seems like there is a lot of that going on anymore.