OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Fox vest flippers  (Read 4929 times)

Online HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
Re: Fox vest flippers
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2023, 07:50:45 AM »
No magnets on the seat, what the heck.  Mine is getting modified if that is true
It's definitely true. They stuck with the Mossy Oak "suspension strap" design to allow the pad to ride on your hip for quick maneuvers rather than the magnets in the back. I'm not sure why, other than maybe a corner to cut on cost but no other aspects were done in a cost cutting matter, so that doesn't make much sense. I think it was just an oversight in the design phases that potentially got forgot about. Overall this is a very quality product, even with magnets it wouldn't be "perfect" for everyone.

Online HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2023, 07:54:06 AM »
I had a Dixon vest that I regretfully sold years ago, before you needed to get a home equity loan to buy one.. I watched a video review of the Fox vest, and it is made from the same materials, very heavy duty stuff. I hunt in the North East where most of our mornings start out near freezing the first few weeks, so these vest are good. I could see why Southern hunters might get hot in these vests, Fox and Dixon. What I will say is it was the best quality workmanship and materials on any vest I’ve had. Would have liked to replace it with a Fox, just didn’t get the opportunity…
Here soon there will be a pre-sale for one final production run of the unnumbered vests. These vests won't be ready by this season, but should be delivered before next spring. It's a long wait, but anyone that wants one is allowed the opportunity to own one.

This vest is a little heavier than the Dixon even, it should be a winner for cold weather hunters still wanting to use a vest for sure.

Offline mozart_hunter

Fox vest flippers
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2023, 08:09:59 AM »
Anyone know what this strap on the inside of the vest is for?

And inside of one of the pockets was a stretchy strap with a buckle? Anyone know what that is too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DUPREE

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2023, 08:15:20 AM »

And inside of one of the pockets was a stretchy strap with a buckle? Anyone know what that is too?

I’ve seen a few people say it’s to strap the vest to your belt when you are crawling. I rarely do much crawling anymore, but when I did, I’d ditch the vest.

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2023, 08:23:51 AM »
No magnets on the seat, what the heck.  Mine is getting modified if that is true
It's definitely true. They stuck with the Mossy Oak "suspension strap" design to allow the pad to ride on your hip for quick maneuvers rather than the magnets in the back. I'm not sure why, other than maybe a corner to cut on cost but no other aspects were done in a cost cutting matter, so that doesn't make much sense. I think it was just an oversight in the design phases that potentially got forgot about. Overall this is a very quality product, even with magnets it wouldn't be "perfect" for everyone.

Thanks much for the info….appreciate it……good luck with your new push-pin by the way…
“Solo hunter”

Online HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2023, 08:44:34 AM »

The strap in your picture is indeed the belt loop strap like Dupree said. If I was crawling, I too would just ditch the vest.

The elastic strap is the "suspension strap" I mentioned above. It can be hooked from the pad buckle around your side to the front of the vest and it makes the pad ride on your hip. The thought in this is for quick maneuvers, but I'd just as soon let the seat hang on a quick tree change.

Offline afhunter1

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2023, 08:45:43 AM »
I don't usually put a turkey in my vest but I imagine that strap would help with that too.

Offline KYFrid

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2023, 01:08:39 PM »
For those that have them, what are your thoughts on running a bladder with the tube? On my Limbhanger, it had an elastic band on each shoulder strap i could run my tube under.

Offline Cowboy

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2023, 09:27:33 PM »

That's the ripcord for the optional parachute version. For an extra $450, this is available.  It is very useful for when a gobbler sounds off in a deep mountain holler and you're on the top. Simply, jump in on him. DEATH FROM ABOVE!!

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Offline KYFrid

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2023, 08:22:17 AM »
For the guys that were able to get one online, has anybody got a notification that their vest has shipped? 

Offline jks7

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2023, 08:56:43 AM »
For the guys that were able to get one online, has anybody got a notification that their vest has shipped? 

I have not gotten a shipping notification yet. I imagine they will be backed up on shipping for a lithe while.

Offline ElkTurkMan

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2023, 10:26:15 AM »

I received my order confirmation but no shipping notification so far.  I hope it ships within the next couple of  weeks, I plan on hunting mine.

Offline PharmHunter

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2023, 10:29:19 AM »

No, not yet.

Offline Waterman

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2023, 11:11:22 AM »
The Mossy Oak fulfillment charge hit my CC yesterday, waiting on notification of shipment.

Offline strutstopper

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2023, 01:13:52 PM »

I got the email 2 hours ago that my vest(numbered) has shipped.