OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Rubber boots for run and gun style Turkey hunting?  (Read 4260 times)

Offline wyetterp

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
Re: Rubber boots for run and gun style Turkey hunting?
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2023, 09:38:02 PM »
I forgot who posted about the Tingley boots with Yoder chaps but I bought a pair of just the boots to try. They are very similar to lite boots, the Tingley boots in my size are 14” vs the 16” lite boots. The Tingley boots go on and off a lot easier and are also more comfortable on my feet. Also the Tingley are 11.8oz per boot and the lite boot is 14oz per boot. And the Tingley boots are about 40$ a pair vs 90$. They are both made in Mexico from the same material. I’m gonna put the miles on them this season and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They'll spoil you for sure. Crazy light, right?

Which chap/wader did you go with?

Also, who made yours? I know conkeys offer more custom
sizing vs some of the other companies that make em.

Having that ability to easily cross creeks & marsh makes for
a huge hunting advantage for sure.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Offline ScottTaulbee

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2023, 04:02:29 AM »
I forgot who posted about the Tingley boots with Yoder chaps but I bought a pair of just the boots to try. They are very similar to lite boots, the Tingley boots in my size are 14” vs the 16” lite boots. The Tingley boots go on and off a lot easier and are also more comfortable on my feet. Also the Tingley are 11.8oz per boot and the lite boot is 14oz per boot. And the Tingley boots are about 40$ a pair vs 90$. They are both made in Mexico from the same material. I’m gonna put the miles on them this season and see.

I didn’t order the boot/wader combo. I just got the boots by themselves. If I still coon hunted 7 days a week like I used to I’d have definitely gotten the waders on them though. It blew my mind how much lighter and comfortable they are compared to lite boots!.

Offline peewee

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2023, 11:27:08 AM »
I did wetland/forestry/environmental work for around 15 years and have essentially wore most household brands out there (Muck, Lacrosse, Irish Settler, Bogs, Danner, Red Wings, Georgia, and last year I bought LITE.  The LITE boots are the best boots I have worn bar none.  I wore them in the MS summer working on a new lease and I just rolled them down.  Doing that they were alot cooler than my Lacrosse Grange.  I deer hunted in them down into the lower 20's and were just fine and much warmer than my Mucks and Lacrosse I typically hunted in.  I did wear toe warmers when it was below 30 so that obviously helped.  I bought my pair before they created the wide calf series and I will say they are very snug but I think that may help with holding in heat on cold days.  They are also 1/2 the price other rubber boots.  I highly recommend them.  If you are on the fence just try a pair and I bet you wont regret it.

Offline wyetterp

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2023, 02:38:22 PM »

I didn’t order the boot/wader combo. I just got the boots by themselves. If I still coon hunted 7 days a week like I used to I’d have definitely gotten the waders on them though. It blew my mind how much lighter and comfortable they are compared to lite boots!.

10-4. Thanks for responding!

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Offline strum

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2023, 11:31:42 AM »
 Following up on  the LITE boots.   
  I got the size 11 regular calve size.  For me the calves were to tight. just enough that any pant tucked in was very uncomfortable.
 After some very rugged mountain walking I started developing hot spots on my heel. So this is not going to work.
   The good is they gripped very well in the leaves on the mountain terrain. No problem there at all.
  The foot bed was super comfortable and if they had not been loose I think I would not have had heel issues.
 The other good is I contacted LITE  and they have a pair of size 10 wide calves on the way. Super good customer service.
 My takeaway so far is yes , very lite. very comfortable in the foot bed . grip is as good as it gets. and CS is spot on.
 Ill know more when I try the new size when they come in but im thinking these are not gonna be the best for steep rugged mt stuff.
 They should be great for some of the less hilly stuff ill be hunting.     

Offline strut-n-rut

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2023, 11:40:46 AM »
I put 5 miles on my LaCrosse Alpha Agilities today. They are light and handle the steep hills and ridges on my property. In my third year with them. At least 150 miles on them…holding up well.
I like my lacrosse agility too

Sent from my SM-S127DL using Tapatalk

Offline Old Timer

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2023, 05:53:31 PM »
I put 5 miles on my LaCrosse Alpha Agilities today. They are light and handle the steep hills and ridges on my property. In my third year with them. At least 150 miles on them…holding up well.
I like my lacrosse agility too

Sent from my SM-S127DL using Tapatalk
I bought the agility. I feel it was a big downgrade from my arrowheads. Sole is to thin and support is not there. But I have foot problems. I use orthotics in mine but do not go far in them.

Offline wdog

« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2023, 11:43:47 PM »

10-4. Thanks for responding!

I have both, the tingley boot themselves and the ones with the chaps from Yoder. Get the lightest chap they have. This will be the 4th season with mine and they have held up incredibly well

Offline howl

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2023, 07:38:12 PM »
Just returned a pair Lacrosse grange. Had threads coming out from under the heel and the camo was already rubbing off to white in the box. At least the camo version wasn't slick with release agent like the last pair I had. Those didn't last a year.

Muck and Bog makes the best rubber boots.

Offline runngun

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2023, 09:32:27 PM »
I just received a new pair of Lite boots last week, I have only wore them for the youth hunt this past weekend. They definitely are LITE!!! They are pretty comfortable feels like going barefoot!! Maybe a little bit warmer for some. I also got a new pair of Chippewa lace up snake boots from a fellow on here that listed them on the classified page. Only wore them around the house. I will post later towards the end of the season.

Have a good one and May God bless, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Offline Old Timer

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2023, 09:58:41 PM »
I wore Mucks for year then Dry Shod, then plantar fasciitis and I'm not wearing anything except Crispi or an equivalent boot.
I feel your pain

Offline GTH

« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2023, 06:21:03 AM »
The Le Chameau Chasseurs with the leather lining are the most comfortable rubber boot I’ve ever worn hunting.  They come in a good range of calf sizes for a custom fit.  The retail price of $499 is ridiculously steep but they can be found for less $150 if you have the time and patience to wait for a deal.

Offline toneloc

« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2023, 08:59:17 AM »
This is almost a Ford vs Chevy debate.  I fall under the hiking boots and gaiters camp, but my 12 year old finds himself among the rubber boot group.  No matter how many times I've had him try hiking boots, he refuses to wear them.  Hell he wears his rubber boots in the middle of summer for sneakers half the time...LOL.  He's followed me all over through difficult terrain and boots selection never been an issue.  I got a good buddy who is about as hard core as they come and he's also a rubber fan....so I've come to realize this is just a preference thing.

Offline Illini Tom

• Gobble Gobble ... Bang!
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2023, 09:36:07 AM »
i like the lacrosse agility, starting my third season after wearing out several pairs of alpha burly pro sports, i think they were called
added an insole and they fit snug and are as light as tennis shoes. too much mud, creeks and tall wet grass for me to wear hiking type boots

Offline Lone Star Eastern

« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2023, 11:11:19 AM »
BOGS has a rubber snake boot that has held up for me for years and many miles. Luckily, I can’t personally vouch for the snake proofing. Haven’t test that feature out yet.