OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rubber boots for run and gun style Turkey hunting?

Started by Tca126, March 13, 2023, 08:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parrot Head

I have worn Lacrosse for years and still have my pair.  But I will be wearing the Lite boot this year.

Vintage

I had Grange and had to put my feet in walmart bags to get them off easy. They were great boots.

strum

After looking some more, I went ahead and ordered the LITE boots they just seem like a great boot.
  Ill be tromping in the mountains of N Ga so they may not for that type of terrain well see.

Turkeyfever

Another vote for LITE boots they are unbelievable! Glad I purchased them they are the lightest boots I have ever put on my feet.

btomlin

Quote from: Turkeyfever on March 13, 2023, 03:31:19 PM
Another vote for LITE boots they are unbelievable! Glad I purchased them they are the lightest boots I have ever put on my feet.

To the LITE boot folks, are they an ankle fit boot or are the ankles more of a loose fit?  Have you worn them enough to "break-in a footbed" as they claim will happen?  Tread depth?  They sure look interesting....

Turkeyfever

Mine fit well around the ankle, it's like wearing a boot made like a croc with 16 inches. I have worn them  To run traps, walk around my property and am very satisfied that I will have no problem walking as long as I want while turkey hunting. Tread depth seems on par with other boots I have. If I want rubber boots these are definitely what I am buying until something makes me choose otherwise . I was about to buy lacrosse grange (I am sure a good boot also)when a fellow mentioned these to me. The material is tough and so light that I didn't think anything was in the box when I got them. Great customer service, will answer any questions you have.

Ranman

Cowboy

I bought a pair of these to try some this year.  They fit a little tighter at the ankle and foot than my Alpha Burly boots. Plus not as hot. The Burlys I have are 1200 thinsulate. Way too much for heavy walking. The Aerohead boots I caught on sale at Roger's. Didn't break the bank.  Mostly though I were my lace up snake boots.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Mossyguy

The last pair of Granges I had lasted about a year before they developed cracks around the ankles. They just don't seem to hold up like they used to or I've become harder on them. I have a pair of the Rocky Boas and they're pretty good.

msm210

Just ordered a pair of the LITE boots, looking forward to them based on the reviews.  Saw them at the NWTF show but didn't stop by their booth.  Hope they're as good on my feet as the reviews!

Good Luck this year and stay safe!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kyle_Ott

The undisputed champion of rubber boots is the Lacrosse Grange.

Their slim profile comes in contact with fewer leaves branches when placing your feet down, soft rubber bottom allows you to really feel sticks/branches/debris under your foot before applying full pressure, and the ankle grip is second to none for high mileage days or ventures into the swamp.

Howieg

Grange ... I keep a pair in my truck year around . Hunting / working all around rubber boots .
But I do agree . They aren't made as good as used to be . 

Sungrazer

Hilly terrain and rubber boots do not mix well in my weak ankles opinion. Kennetrek gaitors and my Made In USA Red Wing 2408 steel toe lightweight all leather workboots do just fine. Take them in a few weeks before season starts and have them dunked in the dealers silcone tank. With the gaiters they are amazingly waterproof.

savedbygrace

Hope you have better luck at finding a comfortable pair than I did. I have small diameter ankles with large calf muscles so I've never found a pair comfortable enough to run and gun in. Ultimately I've come to love my Crispi's and Turtleskin snake gaiters.

wyetterp

Tingly boots with the lite yoder waders are where it's at. Even with the lite wader they're anti gravity. They weigh less than some sneakers I have. Comically light. They're made from something kinda like crocs.

Being so light they make all day hikes a breeze. The chap/wader part folds down & tucks tight to in the boot. Wanna cross a creek, just pull em up to your waste. Will get you into a lot of places a huge majority avoid. 

The crazy part is how cool they stay in the heat, but so warm in the winter. Has something to do with micro air bubbles trapped in the rubber. My feet stay warmer in the winter than compared to my 1000gr lacrosse boots that turn me into an instant frankenstein. 
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.