OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What grandson wanted.....

Started by Tarheel, March 11, 2023, 10:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarheel

At the Dixie Deer Classic this past weekend, the NC NWTF had a section for kids to put together a box call.  My 5 year old grandson decided he wanted to do that, and over the weekend ended up with two of the box call kits.  He decided he wanted one Batman and the other Spiderman.  With a little more practice, I think I'm taking him with me this spring turkey hunting season to do the calling for me......

BTW....he did all the painting and coloring.....

HillclimberWV

Thats great. I hope we get to see a picture with one of those on top a gobbler.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

ChesterCopperpot

That's awesome! Great to hear and great to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Good for him, they both look great. I am more a Marvel guy than a DC guy some I am rather partial to the Spider-Man. :D Spider-Man, Spider-Man, does whatever a spider can......
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tarheel

His mother says he has to learn how to shoot a BB gun before he tries shooting anything else.  So far, he has shown no interest in shooting a BB gun.  At the Dixie Deer Classic, there was a BB Gun Shoot, but he didn't want to do that.  We didn't push him. When he's ready he'll let us know I guess......

Greg Massey

Making memories ... those are keepers for sure ...

krm944

What an amazing idea/opportunity!! I would love for my son to build his own call, color it and then call a bird!!

Bedge7767

Jim

fishr64

Nice work!! When they're ready we'll know.  :icon_thumright:

ol bob

Great work, Michael said he saw you there, wish I could have made it.

3bailey3

EZ

Lol, that's great Marvin. That's how it starts!!!

Yoder409

Outstanding !!!     :z-winnersmiley:

The young man has found his niche.  There is NOTHING like those at Unicoi.   :icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

TrackeySauresRex

WTG KiddO! My SpideY senses  are tingling!
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

turkey stew

Marvin that is awesome seeing your grandson having fun with those turkey calls! Good start for a future turkey hunter!