Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sneak Peak

Started by GuideGun, March 11, 2023, 03:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuideGun

I got some work in progress photos from my gunmaker putting together my next 20 gauge turkey swatter. Im real pleased with the grain that came out in the plank. Stay tuned for the finished build in the next couple weeks...

correct json online

Matt

Sir-diealot

Looking forward to it. I would love to get or build a flintlock for turkey myself though I think I would want a 12 or whatever the proper way of putting in in muzzle loading terms would be.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

FullChoke

It looks amazing already. Can't wait to see the finished glory.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

cannonball

It's coming along nicely, I'm sure the finished gun will look amazing. Hope you bag a few turkeys with it soon.

afhunter1

That's awesome!  A 20ga flinter is on my list one of these days.   I'm from Bedford County, PA home of the "Bedford County Rifle." I have a descendant; William Defibaugh, who was a well known rifle builder back in the day.   I had a buddy of mine build me a replica a few years ago in 45 cal percussion.   I still want a 50 cal  flint replica and 20ga flint gun from him.  Can't wait to see your exploits with this gun. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reflexl

GuideGun

Matt

cannonball

That engraving looks very nice.  :icon_thumright: