North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Musta been a heckuva hatch last year

Started by Yoder409, March 11, 2023, 12:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Everywhere I go..........

Oddly.......there's 29 birds in this flock....... 7 jakes but not a single longbeard.  Seems the toms are slow to get into the hen/poult flocks this year.  They're usually starting to breed by now.....or very, very shortly.

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

GobbleNut

Man, that's great to see!  Looks like things are bright there for the future of the turkeys,...and your turkey hunting!   :icon_thumright:

Yoder409

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 14, 2023, 09:16:06 AM
Looks like things are bright there for the future of the turkeys,..   :icon_thumright:

Reckon the future ain't too bright for a select couple of 'em.........    :TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

harleytom

Well guys, it's Turkey Eve in the great state of Mississippi. Flocks have broken in the past week, lots of solo gobblers and hen pairs showing up in fields. With temps in upper 20's it may be a quiet opening day but I'm willing to pick a nice spot and enjoying the opportunity to be out there chasing them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Quote from: harleytom on March 14, 2023, 02:22:58 PM
Well guys, it's Turkey Eve in the great state of Mississippi. Flocks have broken in the past week, lots of solo gobblers and hen pairs showing up in fields. With temps in upper 20's it may be a quiet opening day but I'm willing to pick a nice spot and enjoying the opportunity to be out there chasing them again.

Go git em !!!   Best of luck !!!
PA elitist since 1979