OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pot call pedestal

Started by Footballer, June 24, 2011, 12:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footballer

Has anybody made a pedestal separately with a different kind of wood and glued it into the pot? I wonder what effects it would have on the call.

MarkJM

I have done it, infact thats how I used to do it. I didnt notice any difference in the sound of the calls. Now I just turn a pedestal as one piecec with the call
MuellerCustomCalls

Houndstooth Game Calls

The ideas are endless on sound boards from elk horn pedestals to glued strips of wood you dont have to turn the pedestal in a call if you dont want to thats what most do and we do them like that to and other ways. But if I were buying a call where you could see the strips of wood I probably would rather be looking at  a sticker of some sorts but if it was elk horn I would want to see in to look at it use your imagination and just go from there!__Lyle

stone road turkey calls

you can use a stack of quarters, 5 of your grannys big buttons, 4 cut wooden dowles. anything will work i have a few ways that i make a pedestal  that people would love to know, but i prefure not to share them
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

pappy

I turn my pedetals inside my pots. I have seen so many different types of materials used as pedestals, which is the callmaker's option, as long as the distance betwen the top of the soundboard and the bottom of the striking surface is where it needs to be, then a person could use whatever they desire.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

gobbler74

Height and O.D, hollow or solid can all be factors when turning a pedestal inside your pot.   
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"