only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Devotional Friday 6/24/2011 "Who Do You Serve?"

Started by BOFF, June 24, 2011, 10:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Joshua 24:15
New International Version (NIV)

15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.

It appears to me in the last two weeks, a focus of "Good vs. Evil" has been a theme here in the devotionals. Maybe it is just a theme which I have observed in my our life and environment here lately. As I have written in the past, I've been cleaning the house, which has been an ongoing process. Yes, I write "house" figuratively, and literally, as I've been doing both, cleaning the physical standing temple we live under, and cleaning the physical temple/body, of self. Much like like the ongoing process of cleaning the temple, and good vs. evil, one has to make a decision of who he/she is going to serve. I've found out this is a daily decision, an hour by hour decision,  a minute by minute decision. For if we truly have our eyes and hearts focused on God, we will be seeking His will for everything. Let me encourage you brothers and sisters, to stay focused, stay in prayer, and stay in the word, and make your decisions known to those around you, as to where you stand, and who you serve!!

Father God,

Help us to be Godly men and women, pleasing in your sight. Help us to use our talents and abilities to glorify your name, in all we do. May our houses be clean and presentable to those around us, and may it be clear who we serve. Help us to share your good news and be a servants of your will.

For it is in Jesus name we ask and pray these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.  

lightsoutcalls

Thank you, sir.  We truly are faced with choices moment by moment throughout the day.  We must understand that each decision effects the next.  No single decision or choice stands alone. 

Praise God for His grace and mercy!
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Roostem33

Thanks David, this is a great reminder!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer

Duke0002