OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pair of NWTF submissions

Started by Sanatorium, January 07, 2023, 10:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanatorium

These will be heading off come Tuesday

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

GobbleGitr

Man those are beauties!  Look forward to seeing them there

turkey stew

Awesome looking crow calls! Good luck in the comps.

Sanatorium

NCbowjunkie

Sanatorium

Quote from: NCbowjunkie on February 16, 2023, 07:26:49 PM
What happened with these
Didn't even place..got beat out by cheap plastic boards ..won't be participating on nwtf events again when I have to compete against call makers who sometimes put very little effort into what they make

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

turkey stew

Sorry about the results. I'm surprised they allow parts not made by the callmaker in the Ohio comp.

NCbowjunkie

Brian  I can assure you that there is a lot more effort put into my calls than you think. The most effort is getting the sound out of something that I make to be the best I can get at that time. Wood boards will not do that no matter how fancy you make them  I own the mold that my Cheap Plastic boards come out of  and I own the die that the reeds are cut from. I have spent many a hour working with different boards to try to get a good sound  some will never get that sound. Until what we call tune by the numbers is done to a set of boards they will not sound good. Have you ever recorded  live crows and play back to see what note or frequency that they produce ?  I can say this. You make some pretty nice looking calls. Maybe you need to work on getting a good sound out of what you make. Or stick to the decorative class only

Lonehowl

^^^ Agreed...no matter who it is. Its not about looks..or plastic vs wood. Function over form.

Crowstalker

Hey Brian it's Chris in south Florida. Give me a call

PharmHunter

Quote from: NCbowjunkie on February 18, 2023, 03:14:06 PM
Brian  I can assure you that there is a lot more effort put into my calls than you think. The most effort is getting the sound out of something that I make to be the best I can get at that time. Wood boards will not do that no matter how fancy you make them  I own the mold that my Cheap Plastic boards come out of  and I own the die that the reeds are cut from. I have spent many a hour working with different boards to try to get a good sound  some will never get that sound. Until what we call tune by the numbers is done to a set of boards they will not sound good. Have you ever recorded  live crows and play back to see what note or frequency that they produce ?  I can say this. You make some pretty nice looking calls. Maybe you need to work on getting a good sound out of what you make. Or stick to the decorative class only

And mic drop.