Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Welcome thread

Started by turkey harvester, March 07, 2023, 08:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey harvester

Tell us where you're from and a little about yourself since we have new members.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

turkey harvester

My name is Jeff. I'm a welding instructor at a career center for high school students. been teaching for 22 years. I live in SE Missouri and hunt them screaming ozark ridge gobblers. Started this team a few years ago, not intentional, and we have some awesome people here on this team!! Time to roll some heads.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA

Moore

Hi, My name is Shawn, I'm new to the team and looking forward for this spring. I live in central MN, and here is MN we have a one bird limit. I'm hoping I can take my buddy and his son out for his son's  first bird to extend my season. I like helping others to get their first bird or helping the disabled veterans with their birds. I also enjoy deer, bear hunting, and fishing. This season I will be hunting here at home.
Thanks for the add.
Moore
[

wvhoyt19

Hey all! I'm Chris and live in WV. I love everything about the outdoors but especially turkey hunting. I'm hoping to see several WV sunrises this spring and I'm excited to hunt KS again this year in my quest for the slam. Good luck everyone and welcome to the team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kygobblergetter

Hey everyone I'm Brent. I'm a 26 year old power plant operator from kentucky. Due to working swing shift and my lovely wife, I get to travel and hunt quite a bit during the spring. I'm not sure where all I'll end up this year but it will likely be 5 states or so.

dzsmith

From ms, 33 years old. Married and one son.Work shift work at a power plant. Got a handful of trips planned if my schedule stays on track, which as of today looks like it is not. I've no idea what to expect from this season. It's a very very early spring. Haven't heard much , from what little recon I have done , birds are definitely ahead of schedule. So the lack of vocalization has me concerned , to say the least. Gonna give it all I got , need a picture of turkey with me and my son. So far I've been able to get that picture every year and he will be 3 this year. Good luck to all.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

aclawrence

Hey I'm Andrew. I've been on the team since it started I believe. I'm 40 and have a wonderful family with three kids. My daughter is 12 and I can't talk her into going. My oldest son is 9. We went on the youth hunt last year ams had a great time. That's what I'm looking forward to the most. My youngest son is 5 and he acts the most interested in turkey hunting right after me lol. I'm a full time worship pastor at my church, guitarist, wood worker, and am getting into some leather craft to make leather turkey totes. I also sell paracord call lanyards here in the forum to help make some gas money for turkey hunting. This year I'll be hunting the home turf in Alabama and hopefully Tennessee if I can make some extra money to buy that $300 license!  Good luck to everyone this spring. Last year I think we got 3rd place which I though was pretty awesome.

birdman67

Hey guys. I'm Tandy from MS. Im 43 and been married for 16 years and have an 11 year old daughter. Gonna try to get her first bird next week. I have been turkey hunting for 23 years and been on this team since the beginning. I am a teacher and use my time off to chase these magnificent birds. I will be staying in state this year for all of my hunting. Birds around here are ahead of schedule with the breaking up and pecking order but the gobbling is still not there yet. Our season opens Wednesday, but I will be out on the youth hunt with my daughter the next few days.
Loving God's Creation!

Dmason3

Hey guys I'm Mason. Hunting east central Illinois. Illinois splits their season up into 5 seasons if you're not a landowner and right now I have 3rd and 4th season tags and hoping to draw one more tag.

Turkeyman

I'm Alan from upstate NY. I started turkey hunting in 1976 and still look forward to the current season as much as the first. Retired electrical engineer for quite a few years so have plenty of time to hunt. I've hunted quite a few states but plan to hunt just NY this year...perhaps PA as well.

bornagain64

Good luck team and be safe. Life as gotten busy, so I had to take this year off the team- not sure how many chances I will even get to hunt. Getting harder down here in Florida to even pull a permit any more.
I will be checking in on you guys, pulling for everyone on the team to get a bird this year.
God Bless!!

birdman67

Great to hear from you BornAgain! Thanks for the encouragement and looking forward to hearing from you throughout the contest. Hopefully you will find some time to get after one down in Florida.
Loving God's Creation!