turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

High Viz sights for solid rib

Started by g8rvet, March 06, 2023, 01:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Is there a maker of a sight that will attach to a solid rib?  Not a raised ventilated, but a solid one like on my CZ Bobwhite side by side.  It is squared off on the sides, so the typical under the rib, or pinch to bind will not work.  Not sure I will end up needing a sight, but I don't see any real options that are self install.  The last gunsmith I used messed up both things I wanted him to do.  Feeling burned. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

g8rvet

Does not really need to be light gathering, but do not want a ghost ring, peep sight style.  I just don't like them much.  I know they work fine (my SA-459 has never missed), I just don't like them.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Notsoyoungturk

Option 1 - If you have a bead, you can unscrew and find a screw in. 

Option 2 - https://www.truglo.com/glo-dot-ii-universal/

Two thoughts
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

runngun

I just bought a sight from Bass Pro, for my CZ Sharptail 20 gauge.  It has the same rib. The sight is a Hi Viz, it comes with 3 different widths and one magnet strip. The magnet strip fits under the one that fits the Rib. It actually has 3 magnets so it is pretty strong.

Have a good one and May God bless, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

the Ward

Quote from: runngun on March 07, 2023, 11:47:36 PM
I just bought a sight from Bass Pro, for my CZ Sharptail 20 gauge.  It has the same rib. The sight is a Hi Viz, it comes with 3 different widths and one magnet strip. The magnet strip fits under the one that fits the Rib. It actually has 3 magnets so it is pretty strong.

Have a good one and May God bless, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Some of those magnets are amazingly strong! I had a sight on my son's 870 like that, and it held
on like it was glued in place. G8rvet,I don't know how much fabbing you want to do, but I once made
a set of sights for a gun used for turkey shoots using a front sight from a defunct bb gun, and a rear blade made from a piece of aluminum angle i filed and shaped. Held on with 3m tape. Once painted it looked good, worked well. Might not work for a turkey gun drug through the brush though.

g8rvet

My buddy had a small bead that fit so going to shoot it at the target and see how that works first.

The Hi Viz C300-2 says it fits the bobwhite.  Is the rear sight magnetic as well or does it clamp on?  hard to tell from the pictures.  I think I have an old version of that in my safe somewhere, so gonna pull it out and look for it. 

Not scared to fab at all and I may try that next.  I wanted simple and secure first, because the gun is on, just a little high. If I cover the turkey target head with the front bead at 40 it is on.  I don't like the idea of covering up the head on a shot, especially in tight cover as they can move pretty quickly at time.

I will post on here when I finally get it solved in case anyone runs into this problem again. 

Mallard1897

I'm looking to do the same thing for my bobwhite. Looking at the hi-vis website I don't think they have rear sights that fit the CZ side by sides as the ones listed were under the CZ over and unders and those generally have ventilated ribs.

Looking at the truglo website it looks like the magnum gobble dot (magnet or snap fit) and magnum gobble dot pro (clamp fit) might work for solid ribs depending on the rib width as they don't have a lip that extends below like on vent rib style sights. Anyone have any experience with them? I was planning on measuring my gun and just getting the closest size and just seeing what works. I like that the pro has adjustable sights but I wonder if the snap fit works best for solid rib guns.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Kylongspur88