North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Lord I was born a ramblin' man

Started by FullChoke, March 06, 2023, 11:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Team mates,

I know that quite a few of you have COVID screaming cabin fever and have been dreaming about how big all those under-hunted gobblers have gotten in your reaping absence in other states. The joy of our sport is being able to hunt birds in places you have never hunted before.

What is your home state and what other states are you planning on heading out to in pursuit of Tom McGobblestein this year?

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

3seasons

Shoot I think Covid has been the demise to more turkeys than the bird flu. I've never seen so many folks traveling. I'd love to find some birds that haven't been hammered.

Mississippi is my home turf.
I'll be headed to NC\SC on a long weekend
TN one weekend
Then leave for Indiana, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania on a swing I've got planned.  Fingers crossed that this year in the NE will be better than last two have been, they have been an absolute grind. 

FullChoke

Anyone else wish to reveal the lat/long of all of those OOS birds that you guys pursue in foreign lands?

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

BBR12

Home state of MS.  I have 3 trips in mind covering several states.

1) Planning to do a quick run to NC about mid April.

2) The second week of May myself, 2 cousins, and uncle are taking my 87 yr old Granny to Kansas to try and get her a bird. Hope we all have success but she absolutely loves it and we just don't hardly have birds around home to hunt anymore where I can get her to them. So Kansas priority one is getting Granny a bird.
I will have about 8 days after that so planning to head to MI, if I have success there I'll probably head to PA.
3) My kids get out of school on May 26 and I get off work that same day for a few days. We are going somewhere not sure where yet. If the place we go in Kansas is killer we may go back there. May head farther north like Wisconsin.

zelmo1

NH and Maine of course, if I am lucky possibly Vt and or Mass

paintbrush

Home state is MN.
Will be in Iowa, then South Dakota, then Minnesota and then off to either Wyoming or Montana
May try to get in a late season Wisconsin hunt.
Going to be a busy next 5 or 6 weeks!

BBR12

Well NC hunt for me is a no go. Finally got a few days off work and there is rain from KS to VA and all points south. Looks like maybe a decent day or two here at home before I go back to work Tuesday but I will probably only be behind the gun on one.