Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

On the board

Started by Kygobblergetter, March 26, 2023, 11:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kygobblergetter

Managed to get it done in the Florida swamp this morning. My first Osceola and completed my grand slam. I'll get the score pictures in a little. Still haven't heard a gobble in Florida but found some sign yesterday and set up on it this morning. Did a fly down and some light calling and was able to get his hens to respond some. Still didn't know if there was a gobbler with them or not. Heard 3 or 4 fly down straight behind me and was able to get spun around in a pretzel facing their direction. 10 minutes went by with nothing so I gave a few soft yelps and he ended up flying down at 30 yards looking hard for the hen he had heard. I had to wait for him to go behind a tree and got my gun ready for him to walk out. When he did I called to stop him and settled the dot on his neck. Right when I shot he took two steps and I missed. Luckily he didn't spook too bad and my second shot was on the money. The hunting down he is way different than anything I've done before but it sure was cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

birdman67

Congratulations on the bird and congrats on the slam!
Loving God's Creation!

turkey harvester

Outstanding!!! Congrats on a great bird.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Moore

That's awesome bird. Congrats on your slam
[

Tom007

Well done!. Congrats....
"Solo hunter"

Turkeyman

Nice...Osceolas are quite the accomplishment.

dzsmith

Nice bird . Glad you were able to get a follow up shot.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Happy

Congrats! Pretty gobbler.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Kygobblergetter

Thanks guys. I screwed up. We were hunting hard trying to get my buddy on a bird and I didn't end up getting the score pictures. It was hot and all the stuff was at the hotel over an hour away. Ended up cleaning him and getting the meat in the cooler to prevent spoiling. Hopefully there will be more to come. He definitely wasn't a monster by any means but I'll make sure to have my stuff with me from now on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk