OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Box call chalk?

Started by bowbird87, March 05, 2023, 09:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowbird87

I've been looking for Irwin white chalk but it's .38 each with 144 min order. It's there something I can buy that that's high quality and in smaller quantities? Looking for a red and white chalk.

Greg Massey

Woodhaven sells a good stick of white chalk and the Primos sells a small plastic case of 3 piece red chalk that's really good ... If you could find someone who has some of the old red brick chalk that's as good as it gets. You can usually find the Primos at Walmart during turkey season. They may also have a brand of white chalk.

Greg Massey

Quote from: bowbird87 on March 05, 2023, 09:43:24 PM
I've been looking for Irwin white chalk but it's .38 each with 144 min order. It's there something I can buy that that's high quality and in smaller quantities? Looking for a red and white chalk.
Theres a Irwin white chalk on ebay buy it now ... Stick... Turkey box call chalk is what you look under

bowbird87

Could you share a link? I'm not seeing Irwin chalk on eBay.

Greg Massey

Quote from: bowbird87 on March 06, 2023, 06:17:32 AM
I apologize it was Lynch box call chalk... the only white i saw was Woodhaven which is a good chalk...

Bill

Quote from: bowbird87 on March 06, 2023, 06:17:32 AM

If you like white chalk, this is what we started using years ago when "dustless chalk" made good chalk for turkey calls hard to come by, and really does work to keep files from loading:

https://www.brownells.com/tools-cleaning/general-gunsmith-tools/files-engraving-tools/file-chalk/

eddie234

I started using rain chalk and like it. Works awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer