OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New member here exploring push button calls

Started by SDK, March 04, 2023, 11:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDK

Quote from: runngun on March 04, 2023, 04:43:17 PM
Tim Bullock push pin!!! Gorgeous and sound like a turkey!! You definitely will not regret it.
Welcome aboard as well.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Thank you for the warm welcome. Is this something I need to look at in the used market? I can't find a push pin call on his website.

Bringintheh2o

Tom007

Quote from: SDK on March 04, 2023, 07:10:44 PM
Thank you Tom. With all of these choices I feel better about getting another food call for this season. I'm going to a NWTF calling seminar tomorrow as well. Great opportunity on a dreary winter day.

Good luck my friend!
"Solo hunter"

DFelico

Got my first last year. Extremely underrated call.

Greg Massey

Tim Bullock , doesn't really do a list from what i understand... So you could contact him on Facebook and see how a person goes about getting one of his push pins,

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Look on ebay and get a Knight and Hale model 150. For less than $20 you will have a call that will get gobblers killed.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

SDK

I'm a little overwhelmed by how many good choices there are with a call type that was not even on my radar two weeks ago...

I'm extremely overwhelmed with all of the helpful replies from you all, so thank you!

Side note- The calling class was great. Getting some hands on help from experts probably jumped my calling forward a couple of years from where I would have gotten on my own...

jimmyg97

Not related to a push pin, but you had mentioned an inability to uses a diaphragm call. If you haven't already - try a youth frame. I switched to youth frames a couple years ago and it has helped quite a bit.

Tom007

Quote from: jimmyg97 on March 08, 2023, 11:48:54 AM
Not related to a push pin, but you had mentioned an inability to uses a diaphragm call. If you haven't already - try a youth frame. I switched to youth frames a couple years ago and it has helped quite a bit.

You can also trim the latex to fit too. Woodhaven has a line of small frame mouth calls that are also great....
"Solo hunter"

SDK

Thanks guys! Really appreciate the advice.

I somehow have a bad combination of a palate that is really narrow and curves upward more than most. I've tried the youth calls, trimming the sides, etc. All to no avail. I even went to a NAWTF calling class and they were stumped too.

I think mouth calls may be something I revisit eventually, but in the meantime I want to get a good calling plan together without them, and consider it a bonus if I ever figure it out.

SDK

Thanks for all the advice everyone!

I just received my Winky Hicks push button call. I went with that option due to the overwhelming positive reviews, but also because I was getting a slate as part of the deal.

Man am I in love with this call! The raspy, tonal yelp on that small slate is amazing. It's like combining the best parts of a box and pot call into one. Add in the effortless purrs and clucks on the push pin, and it is one heck of a powerful little tool.

Can't wait to get out in the woods with this. Counting down to April 24th....

Tom007

Great choice, a real fine call. Good luck...
"Solo hunter"

JeffC

Good luck with them, please remember to post up some pictures after you take a monster Tom with them.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

SDK

Quote from: JeffC on March 17, 2023, 11:51:40 AM
Good luck with them, please remember to post up some pictures after you take a monster Tom with them.

Will do. I have eyes on a few, and hopefully between my son and I we get to put this to good use...

mspaci

hicks is a great call even better talking to him