Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Snake wood over African Blackwood (Black Mamba )

Started by Old Gobbler, March 22, 2023, 07:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattmycat

Man that's beautiful. Congrats! Next time...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

turkey stew

Birdhunr

Congrats to the winners.I stayed on all afternoon then had to go move bees.my bad luck,

JeffC

Congrats Goblen, beautiful call that is deadly!!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

HookedonHooks

Glad the name that I gave it last year has stuck with it. It's a very deadly call and mine will see blood this year, no doubt.

Congrats the winner!

JeffC

Quote from: HookedonHooks on March 23, 2023, 08:15:23 AM
Glad the name that I gave it last year has stuck with it. It's a very deadly call and mine will see blood this year, no doubt.

Congrats the winner!

:you_rock: :z-winnersmiley:

you think that Shannon would ship u 1 for naming...good luck with that

HookedonHooks

Quote from: JeffC on March 23, 2023, 08:25:51 AM

Congrats the winner!

I got one of the first few Black Mamba's last summer, I still had to win it on the quick draw system. Helping name the project, makes owning one just a little bit more special.

What Shannon's doing is about as fair as possible and he's definitely slowing down the flippers. I'm a collector and a hunter, so while I want to own multiple wood combinations, they will ALL see the woods.

Maybe one day I can get lucky on a solid Snakewood with a mammoth Ivory inlay. Those would look even better laying next to a dead gobblers head.

zelmo1

caneman

Old Gobbler

I'm about tapped out on Snakewood at the moment

Snakewood is EXPENSIVE! the only way to pull off making a all snakwood call without it being double the cost is for me to buy it in logs and break it down into slats ...and let me tell you that's a complicated process. ... Snakewood has lots of checks and cracks in it and extracting the pieces the right size with matching grain is tricky ..

But anyways, I'm on the quest for a good log or two ...might take some time

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

G-dub

oops, just testing out my new app for sniping Shannon's calls :smiley-char092:

JeffC

Quote from: HookedonHooks on March 23, 2023, 08:51:20 AM
Quote from: JeffC on March 23, 2023, 08:25:51 AM

Congrats the winner!

I got one of the first few Black Mamba's last summer, I still had to win it on the quick draw system. Helping name the project, makes owning one just a little bit more special.

What Shannon's doing is about as fair as possible and he's definitely slowing down the flippers. I'm a collector and a hunter, so while I want to own multiple wood combinations, they will ALL see the woods.

Maybe one day I can get lucky on a solid Snakewood with a mammoth Ivory inlay. Those would look even better laying next to a dead gobblers head.

Awesome, dont remember you snagging one, Shannon played 1 for me while we talked about the push-pin I was lucky enough to snag, sounded great! Looking forward to a lot of pictures of dead gobblers with Shannon's calls.  :anim_25:

Lcmacd 58