OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help with sighting in

Started by roosterstraw, March 04, 2023, 09:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roosterstraw

At 20 yards I'm shooting right on but if I move out to farther distance it's low but the problem is my reflex sight is maxed out on the elevation. Any help would be appreciated.

Mossberg 500
12 gauge
Carlson .660
3" lonbeard
3" federal tss 9 shot
Holosun 507c
Sumtoy base

Tom007

Contact Willam at SumToy, he will have an answer...
"Solo hunter"

roosterstraw

PV266

Can you shim the base?  Cut a small piece of aluminum from a can and put it between the sight and base. I don't know the footprint of the sight, but there used to be pre made shims on Amazon for fastfires.

Ade Advanced Optics Optics Delrin Shims 1.0 Degree for Vortex Venom & Viper, Burris Fastfire II, III,Red dot Sight

roosterstraw

Quote from: PV266 on March 04, 2023, 10:14:59 AM
Can you shim the base?  Cut a small piece of aluminum from a can and put it between the sight and base. I don't know the footprint of the sight, but there used to be pre made shims on Amazon for fastfires.
I'f I brought the sight up that would make me shoot even lower wouldn't it? Or am I thinking about it wrong.

roosterstraw

Quote from: roosterstraw on March 04, 2023, 10:19:30 AM
Quote from: PV266 on March 04, 2023, 10:14:59 AM
I'f I brought the sight up that would make me shoot even lower wouldn't it? Or am I thinking about it wrong.

You're right. I needs to be shimmed up.

PV266

The Delrin ones have a built in angle to them. Higher in the back than front. Hope it works out for you...

roosterstraw

Is it normal to have to shim or do I have something else going on.

PV266

I can't speak to the holosun I've never owned one but it is somewhat common with the Fastfires.  Common enough that the shims are sold on Amazon.

roosterstraw

Ordered a shim from ade. They responded to my email and shipped it out all within a couple hours. Great customer service for sure.

roosterstraw

Anyone else had this issue with a Holosun?

jhoward11

I shimmed and then j-b weld in place. No adjusting after that, but it worked for my 500

sixbird

Shim the back of the base. That'll solve your issue. You can get shims from vortex or on the net.
The other thing to try, although it hasn't worked for me, is to run the adjustments up and down until they bottom out. Vortex claims that fixes some of them. I'd guess Holosun would be similar.
The shim under the rear of sight will absolutely fix your issue though.

JeffC

Quote from: roosterstraw on March 07, 2023, 06:38:17 AM
have same site, no problems adjusting height or left/ right, but only took minimal adjustment to be dead on.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

roosterstraw

Quote from: JeffC on March 07, 2023, 04:11:20 PM
Quote from: roosterstraw on March 07, 2023, 06:38:17 AM
have same site, no problems adjusting height or left/ right, but only took minimal adjustment to be dead on.
They said I could send it back to be looked at but it probably won't be back in time for the start of season.