OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Carlson's Coyote Choke Tubes  (Read 579 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Carlson's Coyote Choke Tubes
« on: February 18, 2023, 06:31:27 PM »
Howdy, the Mennonite I drive was talking about a Carlson's Coyote Choke Tube a friend had told him about, he was wondering if there is any difference between that and a turkey choke tube (Both capable of shooting TSS) and if so what would the differences be? He was thinking of getting one for next season. Thank you for any help given.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline lowoctane

• Longbeard
  • “When I die, then I’ll be old.”
Re: Carlson's Coyote Choke Tubes
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 08:13:58 PM »
Hey! I’ve got one in 12ga Remchoke that patterns LB 3” x 5 & 6’s well, but can’t address his other question. Kevin
I’m Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 10:25:35 PM »
Hey! I’ve got one in 12ga Remchoke that patterns LB 3” x 5 & 6’s well, but can’t address his other question. Kevin
Thanks for the reply? Did I post this twice? If so don't be offended if I delete this one, I will copy and paste your answer to that one if that is alright with you?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline PV266

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 08:08:09 PM »
The coyote choke is made to use hevi-T.  My backup shotgun has that choke in it and it patterns as well as any turkey choke I have.

I read somewhere it can be used for tungsten, just can’t remember where.  I’d call carlsons

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023, 03:37:20 PM »
The coyote choke is made to use hevi-T.  My backup shotgun has that choke in it and it patterns as well as any turkey choke I have.

I read somewhere it can be used for tungsten, just can’t remember where.  I’d call carlsons
Thank you very much for the report.

John Koenig:

Offline PV266

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2023, 04:58:11 PM »
As an add on to my post, I generally use longbeards 6’s for my 12 gauges. When I did a comparison with my 870 of both chokes, the pattern differences were negligible. If I only had enough money for one choke, I would get the coyote choke and not feel undergunned at all.

Offline ElkTurkMan

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2023, 08:53:45 PM »
I use this choke on my benilli sbe2 with #4buckshot and it patterns very well. The hevi shot coyote loads didn't pattern to well with my gun and this choke.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2023, 09:33:17 PM »
As an add on to my post, I generally use longbeards 6’s for my 12 gauges. When I did a comparison with my 870 of both chokes, the pattern differences were negligible. If I only had enough money for one choke, I would get the coyote choke and not feel undergunned at all.
Thank you much. I have let him know what everyone has said, now the ball is in his court. Chased a few today, no luck, got on one but the dogs lost the scent.

I use this choke on my benilli sbe2 with #4buckshot and it patterns very well. The hevi shot coyote loads didn't pattern to well with my gun and this choke.
Thank you.

John Koenig: