OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Pistol grip slings  (Read 582 times)

Offline redwad

Pistol grip slings
« on: March 03, 2023, 05:44:12 PM »
What slings are you all using for the pistol grip stocks that have the attachment on the side of the stock?

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Pistol grip slings
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 06:17:19 PM »
What slings are you all using for the pistol grip stocks that have the attachment on the side of the stock?
  I will PM Message you ...

Offline Matt76cmich

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 10:26:07 AM »
I'm looking for the same I think. I have a Magpul stock on my 870 and have found a few that might work with some diy.  Thought it would be easier to find something that would have a strap type connection at the stock and swivel on the other end.  I'll be curious as to what you end up with.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Offline Matt76cmich

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2023, 10:29:45 AM »
Picture of the "strap" attachment

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2023, 11:00:53 AM »
Picture of the "strap" attachment

Nice! Those Blue force gear slings are well made. I was looking at some yesterday and was impressed
by the quality.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2023, 02:09:44 PM »
What i showed redwad to do is pretty simple and will only cost about 10 dollars. Now I'm not saying it will work for everyone but it does work on most sling side stock attachments .. all you need to do is use 550 paracord and magpul paracord clip sling attachment which costs 10 dollars. You can order the Sling clip online or buy it from Academy Sports if it's in stock and on the shelf...   this way you can take the sling on and off with no problems provided you have the standard sling attachment on the mag. cap...

Offline redwad

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2023, 02:50:02 PM »
Greg’s option was really helpful and functional. I will post pictures when I get the chance. 550 paradors and a sling off midway USA was what I ended up doing.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2023, 03:30:55 PM »
Greg’s option was really helpful and functional. I will post pictures when I get the chance. 550 paradors and a sling off midway USA was what I ended up doing.
:icon_thumright: looking forward to seeing this setup.

Offline wyetterp

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2023, 10:41:23 PM »
I really don't care for the old standard slings. They are only good for resting on your shoulder or over. That's it.

I love the blueforce gear vickers sling on everything. When you start using an adjustable slide sling you really can't go back. The sliding pull tab allows it to be applied in so many situations. Makes doing anything hands free easy. A lot safer when you need to cross a structure that you need to go under, over, or through. You can get it really tight to the body & loosen for a shot just as fast as it takes to shoulder normally.

I actually like the unpadded version more. Makes sliding around the body easier during manipulations. 

When you do the vickers custom you can get some cool looking combos & colors. 
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Offline redwad

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2023, 01:21:50 PM »
I am unable to attach a picture because the file is too big and I’m not technologically advanced. But Greg sent me a picture of paracord 550 laced the the slot in the stock. Then a gun clip sling through the loop. I went with the Avery Contour sling from midwayusa.