turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sight rails

Started by Lone Star Eastern, March 02, 2023, 05:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lone Star Eastern

For those with sights set up on rails (more specifically Stevens 301s with red dots), do you prefer the sight to be mounted more forward (towards bead), dead center, or towards the rear?

I have zero experience, and sure it's person preference that I'll decide when I'm setting it up myself, but I'm curious to what the general consensus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teamblue

I dont have a 301 but i have/had rails on 2 turkey rigs. Cynergy ultimate turkey and had an egw rail on an ithaca turkeyslayer.  I preferred the reflex (cynergy), and eotech (ithaca) to be located all the way back close to my face.  I now have a sumtoy on the ithaca with a venom and its better for me personally.  But even the sumtoy is on the rear holes in the receiver.  Try it forward and back outside looking at various things and see how you like it

Lone Star Eastern

Quote from: Teamblue on March 02, 2023, 05:47:19 PM
I dont have a 301 but i have/had rails on 2 turkey rigs. Cynergy ultimate turkey and had an egw rail on an ithaca turkeyslayer.  I preferred the reflex (cynergy), and eotech (ithaca) to be located all the way back close to my face.  I now have a sumtoy on the ithaca with a venom and its better for me personally.  But even the sumtoy is on the rear holes in the receiver.  Try it forward and back outside looking at various things and see how you like it

Do you mind noting what it is about having it at the rear you like? Is it just better to see through the sight when it's closer to your face? Is the draw back not being about to see peripherally as well?

Teamblue

It seems the field of view is better. Even with little to no magnification. That and im used to a scope being mounted back in that manor.  Just feels better to me.

Lone Star Eastern

Interesting. I appreciate the info!

runngun

To me, I want it as close as possible to my eyes. The best way for me to describe it is like wearing eye glasses. Close to the eye and you don't see the "rim" or frame. Less to confuse your eyes.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.