OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Soundboard for Anodized Aluminum  (Read 948 times)

Offline TScottW99

• Scouting for wildlife
Soundboard for Anodized Aluminum
« on: March 01, 2023, 08:49:31 PM »
I ordered some anodized aluminum today, will be my first time trying it as a call surface. It hit me after I ordered, I’m not sure what to use as a soundboard.

Anyone mind giving me a hint as to where I should start  :D
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
Re: Soundboard for Anodized Aluminum
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 09:07:02 PM »
I have a a variety of calls with a variety of sound board
Different sounds ,, experiment
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 01:07:15 AM »
I am working on a green anodized aluminum call, many suggested glass or crystal underneath for the soundboard.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline TScottW99

• Scouting for wildlife
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 06:20:12 AM »
I am working on a green anodized aluminum call, many suggested glass or crystal underneath for the soundboard.

Thanks! I was going to try glass first so glad I’m going down the right road.
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Offline M,Yingling

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • In The Hills, PA
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 07:41:27 AM »
glass is most likely going make a sharper quicker running call ,,, slate will make it a bit more deeper sounding and throatier sounding call and over wood going make a hen sound that smokes 2 packs day 
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
 https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 08:26:36 AM »
glass is most likely going make a sharper quicker running call ,,, slate will make it a bit more deeper sounding and throatier sounding call and over wood going make a hen sound that smokes 2 packs day

Filtered or unfiltered?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline TScottW99

• Scouting for wildlife
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2023, 10:18:27 AM »

:TooFunny: Thanks!

Think I’ll try glass in one and slate in the other and go from there.

Thanks gang!