turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Being great

Started by misfire, February 27, 2023, 09:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

"Whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant, and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be slave of all." 
Mark 10:43b-44

What does it mean to be great?

The world most often defines greatness by one's accomplishments. Think back to ancient history when Alexander the Great conquered the known world by the time he was 33 years old, only to weep because there was nothing left to conquer. Later, Thomas Edison would have over a thousand patents to his name. Or, what about Einstein and his amazing discoveries in quantum physics?

Others might argue that real greatness is all about power. In Jesus' time, Caesar Augustus was considered truly great because of all the power he held. In the modern world, you might look at the Oval Office, where Presidents of the United States sit, as a place of true power and influence.

But is power what really defines greatness?

In reality, anyone can become great. Perhaps not according to the world's definition - or even according to your own definition.

Jesus tells us, "...whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant, and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be slave of all."

Jesus, the greatest man to ever exist, said He didn't come to be served; He came to serve.

This heart of service eventually led Jesus to trade His life for our salvation.

So, you see, the greatest man was also the greatest servant.

And that is what He calls us to be. No personal accomplishment, patent or scientific discovery, worldly power, or even being a President - nothing in this earthly world can be considered truly great in the eternal.

Follow the footsteps of Jesus.

Serve your fellow man.

Then you will find the only lasting road to true greatness.

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

mountainhunter1

I must be honest and confess that when I saw the title on this, I thought that you were going to suggest that we all buy a Misfire Trumpet if we desired to be great. But all joking aside, this is a good word and I hope that a lot of the folks on here take time to check out these short devotionals.

By the way - I enjoyed meeting you at Unicoi and like the Trumpet that I got from you on that Friday.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

misfire

The pleasure was all mine brother. Send me pictures when you kill with it
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

mountainhunter1

Will do Mr. Lee. That little Rosewood horn needs a little blood on it.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

wvhoyt19

Enjoyed it! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk