Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Welcome Back!

Started by twyatt, February 27, 2023, 06:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twyatt

Welcome back!  Looking forward to another fun season chasing these wonderful birds.  I hope everyone had a good year.   Check in when you can and let us know what you've got going on for this season.   

Tom007

Thanks my friend. I plan on hunting my home state of NJ, New York, and PA.  Will hope to add a few to the pot.....
"Solo hunter"

Mossyguy

Here in east central Ms...got 3 birds in one spot and had two show up in another area where the timber had been thinned in November. My dad gets first shot at the trio and I'll see if the pair wants to play!

Yoder409

Hey fellers !!!

As it stands, just PA for sure.  I was going to scout a place in NY and one in WV.  But then I got an invite to NC, so...........   Not sure just WHAT is gonna end up panning out.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

harleytom

MS and AL as usual also have a trip to WY scheduled for early May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zsully

Oh it's good to be back. This year is going to be a challenge for me. I will definitely be chasing birds in Pa and a trip to Va has all but been canceled for this year. My wife will be getting foot surgery and the timing isn't doing me any favors. We originally had it scheduled for late January but it keeps getting pushed. May be able to swing a quick trip to WV or OH. In Pa I may try to take a trip up to camp and chase some big woods birds for a couple days. Whatever happens, I'll be getting after them early and often. Birds are still in big winter flocks up here so I'm not going to get too excited just yet. I did hear my first gobble from my back porch last week though so that definitely fanned the flame.

Big thanks to Twyatt for taking over the captain responsibility this year. I appreciate the reprieve.

POk3s

All I watch is turkey hunting during my spare time and my wife's patience is probably running thin! :happy0064:

I plan to hit it hard this year. I drew an iowa tag and purchased a nebraska tag as well so I can hunt my way through.

Then will hit Wyoming and Montana. We'll see what else I have time for after that.

HarleyTom, when is your Wyoming trip?

Delmar ODonnell

Can't wait guys. 8 More days! My schedule is still tentative depending on work. Hunting here at home in MS then have a couple weekend trips to TX and GA and a week in Montana planned.

harleytom

Quote from: POk3s on March 02, 2023, 03:20:52 PM
All I watch is turkey hunting during my spare time and my wife's patience is probably running thin! :happy0064:

I plan to hit it hard this year. I drew an iowa tag and purchased a nebraska tag as well so I can hunt my way through.

Then will hit Wyoming and Montana. We'll see what else I have time for after that.

HarleyTom, when is your Wyoming trip?
May 5-7

POk3s

Well that's of course the only weekend I don't have off during turkey season. I have to be in a different part of the state for a work class. DANGIT

harleytom

Quote from: POk3s on March 07, 2023, 01:39:12 PM
Well that's of course the only weekend I don't have off during turkey season. I have to be in a different part of the state for a work class. DANGIT
Well, I wouldn't expect anything else, right? I'll keep you updated on how it goes. Let me know if anything changes.

POk3s

Quote from: harleytom on March 07, 2023, 09:46:26 PM
Quote from: POk3s on March 07, 2023, 01:39:12 PM
Well, I wouldn't expect anything else, right? I'll keep you updated on how it goes. Let me know if anything changes.

Will do. Hopefully I can get out of it ????

a_jabbo

Super late to this party. I've had a lot on my plate this year so far. Been binge watching turkey vids to get fired up about this season, which doesn't take much. Just need to get my head straight.

A trip to Virginia is in the near future, and for sure PA, as always. We'll see what this season brings.