OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossy Oak Graphics Country Shot Gun Kit

Started by Sir-diealot, February 26, 2023, 10:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

I've used the stuff mainly on scopes etc... it's not full proof stuff... the more you heat and pull / tug at those small areas of the vinyl the more likely it will curl and try not to stay in place...  Do this to a gun is more for your enjoyment, I never saw a turkey who cared if a shotgun is covered in some kind of camo...IMO

the Ward

Quote from: Jordan121787 on February 27, 2023, 11:00:30 AM
It doesn't matter what number exacto, just as long as it cuts. I cleaned my barrel and stock with alcohol.
x2

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 27, 2023, 11:54:56 AM
I've used the stuff mainly on scopes etc... it's not full proof stuff... the more you heat and pull / tug at those small areas of the vinyl the more likely it will curl and try not to stay in place...  Do this to a gun is more for your enjoyment, I never saw a turkey who cared if a shotgun is covered in some kind of camo...IMO
More just wanting it darker because I am in a blind, I have proven to several people that brighter things inside of a blind are much easier seen even to the human eye let alone a turkey's eyes. That's why I wear all black and a blind. I do agree though,  I don't think turkey or fashion conscious.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Mossyguy

I've had one on my son's youth 20 ga since 2016 and it's still going strong.

snoman4

I did two guns less than a month ago. They turned out great.  One was on a wood stocked 28 gauge and the other on a synthetic stocked 20 guage.  Cleaned with alcohol first and then went slowly using a high wattage hair dryer.

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

crucible7

Here's mine (12 gauge on the right)... for me, it just took this gun to another level. No issues with moisture or residue that I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Thank you each very much. The guy that is going to do it said he thinks he has a heat gun so that should help. I have to have him here to watch the video as he is Mennonite and they do no have TV's or cell phones.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

krm944

Quote from: crucible7 on February 27, 2023, 05:38:51 PM
Here's mine (12 gauge on the right)... for me, it just took this gun to another level. No issues with moisture or residue that I can tell.

This looks amazing! I think I may do this for my little guys 28 gauge.

Matt76cmich

Both shotguns are the newer Bottomland. I put a wrap on the one on the left and the one on the right is factory dipped. I felt like the wrap was slightly shiny and it felt slippery to me, especially when damp or wet. I ended up taking the wrap off and bought a new stock and foregrip for it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

longbow2240

I've been using the graphics for plenty of years now. I'll change guns up some with different patterns. Never once have I had any issues with residue or moisture on any of my guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TJR

I've done a few. They work fine and leave no residue when removed. I really don't care for how slick the finish is though. Quite slippery with gloves on.

Sir-diealot

Thank you each. I have everything here to do it now and I showed him the part of the video with the heat gun and he has they exact same one so that is encouraging. He will come over to what the entire video before he installs it.

@TJR is that with just fabric guns or is it the same with gloves with we'll say rubber nodules on the fingers and palms which is what I wear? Thanks

John Koenig:

Coop1287

I've used the Mossy Oak kit to cover parts on my old 870 youth model with synthetic stock. For the money it's an ok temporary option but does have a slick finish. Another option is using a product called Stealth Strips. Lou, the owner, is a super helpful guy and has his turkey gun wrapped in it. He can answer any questions about wrapping a gun. The main thing with any vinyl wrap is to not leave any edges where your hands come in contact with or it'll eventually start to come off.

TJR

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 12, 2023, 11:38:31 PM
Thank you each. I have everything here to do it now and I showed him the part of the video with the heat gun and he has they exact same one so that is encouraging. He will come over to what the entire video before he installs it.

@TJR is that with just fabric guns or is it the same with gloves with we'll say rubber nodules on the fingers and palms which is what I wear? Thanks
I found the finish to have a slick feel no matter the gloves I was wearing. It's manageable and buy no means a deal breaker in my opinion. Just takes some getting used to.

captpete

I've used the kits on a couple of guns. I will agree with it feel slick with gloves especially "jersey"/cotton gloves. At the same point it wasn't any different than a gun with a glossy finish wood stock.

Me personally I felt I did a better job using a hair dryer instead of a heat gun. To me, the heat gun got to hot, to fast(maybe it was just my heat gun). I felt I had a better control of the heat and didn't feel as if I would melt the wrap as easy with the hair dryer.

Good luck and make sure you post some pics of the finished product!