OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mossy Oak Graphics Country Shot Gun Kit  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Mossy Oak Graphics Country Shot Gun Kit
« on: February 26, 2023, 10:01:10 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has used these and what their opinion of them are? Also has anyone removed them and if so how much residue if any is left behind? Seemed like the turkey saw my barrel the few times I tried to raise it this past year, it is the shiny blued barrel so I thought I would dull it down a bit. Thanks. Oh any tips on install or removal?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline squidd

• God, Family and Country
Re: Mossy Oak Graphics Country Shot Gun Kit
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 10:52:42 PM »
Used it on my SX3 and has been holding up for at least five seasons.

Removed it from the barrel as it held a lot of moisture, barrel has a matte finish.

Online Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 06:33:50 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has used these and what their opinion of them are? Also has anyone removed them and if so how much residue if any is left behind? Seemed like the turkey saw my barrel the few times I tried to raise it this past year, it is the shiny blued barrel so I thought I would dull it down a bit. Thanks. Oh any tips on install or removal?

They work excellent Steve. I haven’t removed it, but from what I hear, it leaves little or no residue….good luck…
“Solo hunter”

Offline tbreig

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 06:56:43 AM »
I put one on a Rem1100 20 ga. Wasn't too hard, looks pretty good to me. Also heard they will hold moisture.

Offline Howieg

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2023, 07:05:06 AM »
I put it on my sons pump gun , it’s 2 years old and still looks great .
 Just take your time , and I’m sure it will be fine .

Offline btodd00

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2023, 08:51:35 AM »
I put one on a mossberg 835 that was in pretty rough shape. It looked pretty good when it was done but I had a hard time with the forearm ends and buttstock stock grip area. The barrel was the easiest part for sure

Offline CALLM2U

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2023, 08:57:50 AM »
I put one on an 870 and it worked out pretty well.  It's been on there 3 years and still holding up well. 

Need to use a heat gun or hair dryer to help shape some of the curves.  There are youtube videos out there to show the technique. 

Offline Haypatch

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2023, 09:56:53 AM »
Just put my 1st one on my sons 870 pump last week! looks good considering it was my first try!  Got one going on my old worn  out 870 next!

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2023, 10:13:24 AM »
Don't move!  Lol, kidding aside, I used it on my 10 gauge, worked great. I removed it awhile back,
mostly just to change it up, but also it was a little slippery to grip when wearing cotton gloves. But
might have been due to the weight of gun. It left a little residue here and there that was easily removed with
some alcohol and gun oil. I used to wrap my bps with allen cloth camo tape every year, mostly to protect
finish, but also because it is one shiny gun. As other posters said watch some videos, take your time and use a hair dryer/heat gun, and it will look dang near like a good dip job.

Offline roberthyman14

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2023, 10:13:32 AM »
This will be year 3 on my 870 super mag.  So far its been good.  Wish I went with green leaf instead of bottomland.  Its a bit more grey then I like.  I watched the YouTube videos a few times.  Broke my gun down on a plastic folding table and used a hair dryer and exacto knife.  Worked pretty well.  Heat gun would have been better. 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline fmf

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2023, 10:42:34 AM »
I put one one back in january.  I didn't like it and removed it a week ago.  It leaves no residue, you can't tell it was ever on it

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2023, 10:57:46 AM »
Thank you everyone I do appreciate it, I was glad to see some comments about real world experience from people I trust. It was funny because I had no problem moving my camera around in the blind but a lot of problems with moving the gun around the couple of times I did. I mostly to pictures last year and only bothered to raise the gun maybe 4 times tops and 3 of those were just to practice holding on a bird as I chased that copper all year. I have indeed been watching the videos, but there was only one that talked about removing it and he did not comment about residue left on the gun. I will not be the one to do the install, a friend with better hands and eyes than me will be doing it for me. What did you guys use to prep the gun to remove oils first? Does it matter what X-ACTO Z-Series # is used? I have never used one and I see they have a #1 & #2 Think I will go with good old Mossy Oak Break Up Being that I will be in a blind if they made it in the Eclipse I would uses that but they do not. Hideous pattern anyway.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline Jordan121787

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2023, 10:58:55 AM »
Yup. Had mine on my stock for a while and took it off. It left no residue at all. Super simple!

Offline Jordan121787

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2023, 11:00:30 AM »
It doesn’t matter what number exacto, just as long as it cuts. I cleaned my barrel and stock with alcohol.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2023, 11:36:52 AM »
It doesn’t matter what number exacto, just as long as it cuts. I cleaned my barrel and stock with alcohol.
Thank you.

John Koenig: