OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stippling

Started by Austy, June 23, 2011, 09:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austy

Have a a couple ?'s.  1) What do most of you use if you are going to add stippling to a call to dress it up and give is some added character??  2) What is your process that you use to apply it to your calls?  Any responses would be appreciated.

Thanks

lightsoutcalls

Maybe you could add a picture to clarify what you are talking about. 
You can wood burn "dots" into a surface to create a reverse stipple effect.  You can also use a dremel tool to create stippling.  I have only used the reverse stippling with a wood burner.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

pappy

When I stipple I use the dremel with a small ball tipped carbide bit. I sometimes run it around in unusal patterns to make a worm wood looking stipple and sometime just use the dot thing. Stippling is used as a gripping addative and as a character builder on a pot call.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Austy

In the Call Making section of this forum, bowrebel has a Bubinga over Aluminum call posted with what I call Stippling.  Maybe you guys call it something else.  I like the character that that this brings to the call especially if you end up with a piece of wood that doesn't have a pronounced or plain jane grain to it.

Thanks

selinoid44

The call that sugarray just won on the bingo was stippled by me with a roll pin punch and a ball pien hammer. The punch has a ball on the end of it and I just tap it into the wood with 4 or five blows of the hammer. It is time consuming but worth the effort for me. Looks good as a finished product and it gives extra grip to the guy running the call.

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785