News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Desert Ironwood pushpin ..first one for the day

Started by Old Gobbler, February 26, 2023, 06:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranman

Hawkspur

These ironwoods look awesome. I'm going to have to get better at this game, so I can get one of these

turkey stew

Almost a better chance at winning the lottery!  Get the fastest service you can afford! Rural areas have a snowballs chance in hell to aquire one.

runngun

Would be awesome if there could be a draw to buy one of those. Like everyone, only post if you want to purchase one. Then, do the number generator deal. To be fair keep it open for 45 minutes or an hour. That would definitely add to the excitement of the possibility of getting one.
Just a random thought.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

I agree that something different should be done. As a member you need x amount of post to sell items on Og but to get a call from Shannon all you need is a fast computer and 0 post. You don't have to support this site either.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Terry

Shannon as a call maker and Shannon as the site owner are two different things. He shouldn't have to do anything different than any other call maker on the site IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haypatch

Guys there is no perfect way for Shannon to make everyone happy...  He is doing what he can with what he has available trying to make sure his calls are going into hunter's hands lets not fuss and pout about his method of doing so!  We are lucky to even have a chance at them now instead of a list years back logged!

Be GRATEFUL

Old Gobbler

Can't do lists anymore..the minute I do collectors will clog it up ..I've had it up to 7 years wait 2 times in the past ..THE CALLS NEVER GET HUNTED. ...no dead turkey pictures ..and the whole call genere gets relegated to a novelty... I'm trying to build up the street credibility of these calls as KILLERS ..NOT CABINET QUEENS

One key thing I noticed about lists is that I would call or text people ...then in 48 hours I would hear back from them after I've passed them by ...what they are doing is calling up their other collector buddies and re-selling the call for a profit, also they like to buy calls in pairs .. they sell the second one to pay for the first ...

Also ..lots of call makers do contests ...that's fine, contests are fun .... I made up my mind decades ago that  my judge slept in a pine tree last night and his word is the only one I'm concerned about , the rest of the opinions don't matter

I'm not taking away from other makers that have lists , I'm  taking my call business in a different direction

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

runngun

I was just brainstorming, trying to figure out how someone who has slow internet service could have a good chance of getting one of these calls. Oh, definitely, I get the whole thing about folks collecting calls, rat-holing them. Too some folks, it's all about the mighty dollar. I went through it trying to replace a Cody slate call, I finally got one that I wanted, but it cost me. I definitely have a bunch of calls, but I don't own any that I wouldn't hunt with. Let me rephrase that, I would NOT OWN A CALL THAT I WOULD NOT HUNT WITH. I don't understand that part. Some people own guns that they would not hunt with or shoot,  Heck to the NAW!!! NOT FOR ME. I love the sound of turkey calls and the smell of burnt gunpowder too much!!! Shannon sure makes some beautiful calls, but they ain't to pretty to hunt with!!! I definitely would love to have one that I could get some "blood on"!!! 

Have a good one and May God bless, Bo

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Poppahunts

Quote from: runngun on February 28, 2023, 07:06:29 PM
I was just brainstorming, trying to figure out how someone who has slow internet service could have a good chance of getting one of these calls. Oh, definitely, I get the whole thing about folks collecting calls, rat-holing them. Too some folks, it's all about the mighty dollar. I went through it trying to replace a Cody slate call, I finally got one that I wanted, but it cost me. I definitely have a bunch of calls, but I don't own any that I wouldn't hunt with. Let me rephrase that, I would NOT OWN A CALL THAT I WOULD NOT HUNT WITH. I don't understand that part. Some people own guns that they would not hunt with or shoot,  Heck to the NAW!!! NOT FOR ME. I love the sound of turkey calls and the smell of burnt gunpowder too much!!! Shannon sure makes some beautiful calls, but they ain't to pretty to hunt with!!! I definitely would love to have one that I could get some "blood on"!!! 

Have a good one and May God bless, Bo

Right there with you Brother!!!!
Would love to get one as well , but guess I'm just too slow !!! LOL
Turkeys For Tomorrow Member
Life NRA Member
Psalm 91
Life is hard, twice as hard if your stupid
               - John Wayne

turkey stew

I would hunt one but it is a pipe dream! I live in an area where service is way to slow. I figure there are so many people that are waiting to nail one and Shannon can't make enough to keep up demand.It will only get worse in the future.

Tom007

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 28, 2023, 02:51:24 PM
Can't do lists anymore..the minute I do collectors will clog it up ..I've had it up to 7 years wait 2 times in the past ..THE CALLS NEVER GET HUNTED. ...no dead turkey pictures ..and the whole call genere gets relegated to a novelty... I'm trying to build up the street credibility of these calls as KILLERS ..NOT CABINET QUEENS

One key thing I noticed about lists is that I would call or text people ...then in 48 hours I would hear back from them after I've passed them by ...what they are doing is calling up their other collector buddies and re-selling the call for a profit, also they like to buy calls in pairs .. they sell the second one to pay for the first ...

Also ..lots of call makers do contests ...that's fine, contests are fun .... I made up my mind decades ago that  my judge slept in a pine tree last night and his word is the only one I'm concerned about , the rest of the opinions don't matter

I'm not taking away from other makers that have lists , I'm  taking my call business in a different direction

I'll attest, they are made to hunt, and hunt they do!. This is no different from the availability of the highest level of calls out there. They are hand-made, hand tuned one at a time and won't leave his hands till they talk Turkey. So, that being said, they have limited availability, and are tough to get. At least you know when he has some done and ready to go. I don't see anyone else giving the heads up in advance offering this. I think it's a pretty good opportunity he's offering. It's not an easy thing to do when they are handmade one at a time......be well, good luck....
"Solo hunter"

JeffC

Quote from: MISSISSIPPI Double beard on February 28, 2023, 08:20:48 AM
I agree that something different should be done. As a member you need x amount of post to sell items on Og but to get a call from Shannon all you need is a fast computer and 0 post. You don't have to support this site either.

I agree with this, should be a minimum post count to be able to have an opportunity to purchase 1. Also once a year only allow "legacy members", 1000 posts or more to have opportunity at 1. Last year and this year guys with less than 20 posts have been able to get calls, then they disappear. Never gonna make everyone happy, but maybe you can help out some people you really want a call and need a little help?
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

roosterstraw

[/quote]

I agree with this, should be a minimum post count to be able to have an opportunity to purchase 1. Also once a year only allow "legacy members", 1000 posts or more to have opportunity at 1. Last year and this year guys with less than 20 posts have been able to get calls, then they disappear. Never gonna make everyone happy, but maybe you can help out some people you really want a call and need a little help?
[/quote]

Agree with the post count. Collectors or flippers could easily make an account and snag one or have multiple accounts and get several of them.

Tom007

All good suggestions, he has a tough task here, but I am sure he will help people out, it's just the way he is.....
"Solo hunter"