OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sx4 Inv+ choke recommendations

Started by the Ward, February 26, 2023, 12:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

Hey fellas, I was patterning my new gun, an sx4 12 gauge 3.5, and the chokes I currently have
are not doing so well. I am shooting bead, so I would like a little more forgiving pattern. Thinking
around a .670-.680 should do well. Interested to find a choke that would shoot the Federal FC wads
good in lead 5's and 6's in the 3" and 3.5". Thanks for any advice.

runngun

For Invector Plus, I have had really good results with a Pure Gol .670. I got this choke the first year that Browning made the first Maxus.  Put up some impressive numbers.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

MossyOak92

I'd talk to sumtoy. He has always hit right on the money when I tell him what I was after. I have a 660 in my sx3 but i also run a red dot for it.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2022) using Tapatalk

justin.arps

I've ran A .670 Rhino in mysx2 and also A jebbs .660 and both pattern well. I'm shooting 3in lbxr in #6 shot my son has A sx4 same shell and choke works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justin.arps

the Ward

Thanks for all the suggestions and info guys, I really appreciate it. I was at work tonight and I got
to thinking, and I am going to pass on using flite control ammo right now, and stick with ammo I have that I know works well. I do have several Sumtoy chokes in other guns, they all shoot lights out, so I may go that route. Its funny that Justin suggested the Rhino, as I was looking at one on ebay today, great minds think alike lol! That is a great pattern by the way, I posted some I shot Saturday in the Winchester sub forum.

the Ward

Quote from: justin.arps on February 26, 2023, 01:32:04 PM
I've ran A .670 Rhino in mysx2 and also A jebbs .660 and both pattern well. I'm shooting 3in lbxr in #6 shot my son has A sx4 same shell and choke works great.

Justin, does the Rhino .670 you shoot have wad stripping rings, or are they just have ports?
I found a Grand slam model .670 for sale new in package I might pick up to try.

runngun

The Rhino that I have used doesn't have wad stripping rings or studs only ports. Just wanted to let you know that. 

Have a good one, Bo

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

the Ward

Quote from: runngun on February 28, 2023, 11:11:59 PM
The Rhino that I have used doesn't have wad stripping rings or studs only ports. Just wanted to let you know that. 

Have a good one, Bo

Thanks for the info Runngun, much appreciated!

justin.arps

Quote from: the Ward on February 28, 2023, 12:28:21 PM

Justin, does the Rhino .670 you shoot have wad stripping rings, or are they just have ports?
No sir, just ports

the Ward

Quote from: justin.arps on March 11, 2023, 10:37:21 PM
Quote from: the Ward on February 28, 2023, 12:28:21 PM

No sir, just ports

Thank you for the info!