News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

High ...Low ? Now you know ! Laser bore sighting in your shotgun

Started by Old Gobbler, February 26, 2023, 11:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Big shout out to William Lambert of Sumtoy Customs ...okay here is what I have

In all my on life I've never found a gun that will shoulder and handle as well as my Benelli M1 12 ga 7lbs and never jams ..BUT DOES IT SHOOT TRUE? the answer is YES ..I picked up a few laser bore sighting plugs ...and it's "on the money ...I suggest everyone who hunts own one of these it's a eye opener.. I would even recommend using this device for shopping for new guns

I did a quick cerikote FDE paint job and baked it in with a heat gun ..I've done it a few times it works ..gun tape ..ready to rock !

I want to use this gun for waterfowl hunting and turkeys with a red dot ..William made me a specialty mount for a Burris pattern ..with the bore sight I zeroed the sight in at night time

I can now  take the sight off after turkey season ...and put back on when needed , I have two sumtoy chokes , one for waterfowl and one for turkey ...test fire with a dove load and I'm in business

Now ...with that said , just cause the bore is aligned with the laser   , doesn't mean the choke threads from the factory are installed true , I own several guns with off center or misaligned threads , even a few thousands can cause your gun to throw your pattern to the side, high or low ...so pay close attention when looking for a shotgun inspect the wall of the barrel to make sure it's even all around

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193731668208?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=uUkTVYfdTBe&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=BZ88p3XOS2q&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

the Ward

Great advice O.G., I do the same thing when switching my Vinci from waterfowl to turkey.
Those laser bore sights saved me a lot of money and time.

HookedonHooks

Heck of a setup. I do think those M1's are some of the nicest guns ever built. I'd love to find a M1 Super 90 that they offered in the Realtree camo and a 24" barrel.

Tom007

Great advice, looks unreal. Nice job on the build, that is a fine gun!!!
"Solo hunter"

sswv

that's a slick looking do-dad. personally, I use a laser that fits in the muzzle end. I just figured the muzzle end was a better judge of POI than the chamber. now with that being said I'm gonna get me one of those and try for myself. either way, knowing that your gun's POA and POI is as important as the choke or ammo you choose.  good post

skimerhorn

Is there any particular brand to use? I'd like to try one in 20 and 410

Teamblue

I have the same thing as those for rifles. Both 308 size and a long action one.  They work.  But.... Both of Mine dont shoot the laser straight. I have put 4 witness marks on the outside of the laser. 12 o'clock, 3, 6, and 9. I'll put the gun in a vise or sled and rotate it the 4 places and mark on the target or whatever.  Then put the crosshairs in the middle.  Seems to work.  Picked up mine on ebay as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: skimerhorn on February 26, 2023, 09:00:19 PM
Is there any particular brand to use? I'd like to try one in 20 and 410

I have the Site-Lite Laser Bore-sighter.  It has adaptors for several guns, including 12 and 20 gauge. You can record zero on a target, allowing you to recheck it if you bump the optic. I have had to make very few minor adjustments since I started using this, and it has paid for itself 10 times not wasting nearly as much ammo sighting in. I shoot 2 shots or less and it's done.
"Solo hunter"

Old Gobbler

For the brand I got ...it was the cheapo china brand on eBay  the cost was 10$..I had to rotate it and there was a margin of error of probably less than inches I'm not sure if it's the alignment of the Lazer or the clearance/gap in the chamber ...like other have done I kept spinning the laser until the true center point is discovered
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon