North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

GobbleNut's 2023 Season Hunt Log

Started by GobbleNut, March 30, 2023, 09:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Quote from: GobbleNut on May 17, 2023, 08:35:39 AM
A final 2023 GobbleNut Log thank you to all of you that have taken the time to read through my ramblings, and for all of the well-wishes.  I, too, hope that each of you has had (and perhaps are still having) a blessed season and have been able to be successful in your endeavors and have stayed safe and healthy in the process.   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Jim

All the best to you Jim, I'm sure we will all chat in the off season......be safe
"Solo hunter"

eggshell

Thanks for all the stories and leading our team. It's been a tough season for many of us, Myself included. I totally struck out in Kentucky again. I never even worked a bird. At home they were just plain mean and devious. The first ten days I couldn't get one to come unless it was a jake. Then I spooked a bird I wanted moving for the shot, missed one and finally closed the deal in the third week. So I feel your pain and disappointment. This thing called old age really does slow us up a lot, but it does not take the desire and joy away. As you said, some days it's just easier to hang it up then keep going.

I appreciate your good humor and hope we didn't dig too hard on you. You are a good friend and I hope we can hook up for another round or two of turkey camp. the boss still says she wants to come to NM and Utah, so we'll see if we can make it happen. Have a good breakfast and recall the fond memories of another season chasing old Tom. I know you have some sweet Maple syrup to put on some pancakes, unless you already eat all of it, and that cures just about anyting.

Dana