OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: CHARLES DALY ?  (Read 644 times)

Offline Oldmason

CHARLES DALY ?
« on: February 24, 2023, 10:02:49 AM »
I RECENTLY PURCHASED A CD 601  12 GAUGE TURKEY GUN. HAS A 24" BARREL. I WAS LOOKING GUN OVER AND NOTICED THAT THERE IS A SMALL LEVER ON LEFT SIDE OF GUN IN FRONT OF TRIGGER. LOOKED IN BOOK BUT IT DIDN'T SHOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT.
PICTURE SHOWS LEVER AT END OF RED CAP
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 10:14:47 AM by Oldmason »

Offline captpete

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
Re: CHARLES DALY ?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2023, 11:40:08 AM »
I don't own one, but could it be a magazine cut off....scratch that idea. Looked at the picture again and it is no where near the magazine.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 11:55:13 AM by captpete »

Online bbcoach

• Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 01:16:17 PM »
Could this be a Bolt Release???  Check out this youtube video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE-R6MVnAYM  Go to the 6:25 mark and watch the gentleman loading the gun.  He reaches to the left side of the receiver at the trigger guard and pushes something to release the bolt.

Offline Oldmason

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2023, 01:30:27 PM »
GUESS I NEED TO READ THE MANUAL. IT SAYS THE LEVER IS THE CARRIER LATCH.

Offline runngun

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2023, 05:50:55 PM »
I think that you have to press that button to get the shell carrier to move up.  Don't think that you can feed a shell in with out pressing it.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Offline CGhost

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2023, 09:17:40 PM »
Not exactly sure, but I recently got one in bottomland, first time taking it out of the box It appeared the choke threads were burred and looked stripped. I tried to clean them out and insert a choke, wouldn't even go in. I took it to a local gunsmith cause I didn't want to fool with shipping back and forth for repair and an apparent long turn around time.

So far not so good.
The bird possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness.

—Tom Kelly

Offline Oldmason

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2023, 07:56:54 AM »
Not exactly sure, but I recently got one in bottomland, first time taking it out of the box It appeared the choke threads were burred and looked stripped. I tried to clean them out and insert a choke, wouldn't even go in. I took it to a local gunsmith cause I didn't want to fool with shipping back and forth for repair and an apparent long turn around time.

So far not so good
SORRY TO HEAR THAT. I HAVE INSTALLED A  I/C IN MINE WITH NO PROBLEM. I HAVE A TURKEY MADE MOSSEBERG SA-410 THAT WAS PART OF TRIGGER RECALL. I PUT THE TRIGGER ASSY IN BUT BOLT WOULD ONLY COME BACK HALF WAY. SENT GUN TO MOSSEBERG ON MONDAY AND HAD IT BACK THURSDAY. COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. DON'T KNOW ABOUT CD CUSTOMER SERVICE.