turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trumpet Lanyard

Started by Greg Massey, February 22, 2023, 10:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

packmule

Not that I'm aware of.  I've considered reaching out to him to see if he would just sell those lanyards separately.  They are very useful.

aclawrence

Quote from: gmbellew on March 01, 2023, 12:12:42 PM
does anybody make a lanyard similar to the ones Ralph Permar provides? single thin paracord with the adjustment slider to adjust the hanging length?
I would think that would be really easy to put together. Do you have a picture?  I could do my on version but would like to see exactly what you're talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aclawrence

Just a piece of paracord with sliding knots and a single drop for a trumpet?  I'm curious how he does the drop. You could do it several different ways.

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

EZ

Show the slider Ralph puts on the end to shorten or lengthen. It's hard to see in the photo.

GregGwaltney

Steve made me one similar to this.
gwaltneygamecalls.com

2024 S.E. Comp-1st Place & Best in Class Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-1st Air Operated Trumpet
2024 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2023 S.E. Comp-3rd Place Trumpet
2022 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-2nd Air Operated Trumpet
2021 Grand Nat'l-5th Air Operated Trumpet
2019 Grand Nat'l-3rd Air Operated Trumpet

crow

Quote from: EZ on March 01, 2023, 01:13:27 PM
Show the slider Ralph puts on the end to shorten or lengthen. It's hard to see in the photo.

He did, it's the rubber band.
Since covid parts are hard to get

paboxcall

Quote from: EZ on March 01, 2023, 01:13:27 PM

As requested...

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

gmbellew

that's what I am looking for. does anybody make anything like that?

aclawrence

Ok I see. Instead of using knots to shorten the overall length he has an actual little friction piece there. I have no idea where to source that but I'll play around with some ideas. Thanks

paboxcall

That friction bead is turned amber.

packmule

I was able to order beads to create something that works like Ralph's friction bead....but his is better.

aclawrence

So you could do the same thing with the sliding knots which was my first thought but I like the little tensioner Ralph has. Using the tensioner device makes it really easy to make the lanyard and keep it all centered up. It's a little tricky to get the two knots to line up perfectly with the drop centered below. This example is not perfect just a quick test of the idea. The bead is to keep the knots from jamming together and being g too hard to slide back apart.

aclawrence

Quote from: paboxcall on March 01, 2023, 03:20:21 PM
That friction bead is turned amber.
Ah that is sweet!

paboxcall

What if you used two beads, and use each to slide the two knots? Reach behind, grab a bead in each hand and pull - that should draw up the drop evenly.