turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Prudhomme Trumpet Opportunity

Started by davisd9, February 21, 2023, 04:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblers roost

Well it's also ashamed that close friends/ buddies get as many as they want. Don't  start a list in the first place if you know u can't  handle it because of jobs and family commitments.Just tell the person no . Or have no contact info. Let's keep it real same way as Kp but at least tge man after 3 years said I stopped making them after I catch up!!@

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: davisd9 on March 12, 2023, 10:44:32 AM
It is an absolute shame that people feel entitled to something just because they ask for a place on a list. I know for a fact that no one on that list has put down one dime in order to be on that list. It is also a shame that people come one a public forum and try to insinuate that someone is this bad person that cannot be trusted because they have not received something that only cost them a phone call, a message, etc. Anyone that knows Mr. Mark knows that the negative things written about him in this thread is a big pile of crap.

It is a shame that things have gone this way. Most of the call builders have done away with lists and I would not blame many of them to just call it quits all together by the way people treat them over a turkey call.  Heck, you cannot even post a call you bought anymore without someone getting their pants in a wad like they were jumped over or something. The last couple of years the Turkey hunting community has really started killing itself and that just sucks.
And if we're being honest, most the folks throwing hissy fits that they can't get one of Mark's calls are probably the same ones who'd buy it at Mark's price and flip it first chance on eBay for a profit. You get enough money involved and people just turn to straight trash.

Really sad Mark has to come on here and try to wipe the mud off his name. By all accounts I trust and value, and having seen his interactions on here through the years, he's always struck me as a class act. Does more for this sport than most, and we all ought to be thankful for that. He's a fine ambassador for the birds most of us love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFelico

Notsoyoungturk

Mark, I want to publicly apologize if my post was in any way perceived as negative toward you.  It was not my intention.  If i accidentally give offense, I am man enough to own up to it.  I agree that you should not have to defend how many calls you make or for whom you make them.  A lot of turkey hunters would love one of your calls, myself included, but sometimes that is just not possible given the demand.  Thank you again for all you do for the turkey community and again, I apologize if anything that I posted was perceived as negative about you.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Yoder409

Quote from: EZ on March 12, 2023, 09:50:18 AM

I can only imagine how you try to keep up........

Sounds like you have a good system of making as many high quality calls as you can without going insane, lol!!
Good luck Brother. Most folks have great respect for you!!!

Well said, Tony !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

ccleroy

Speaking from experience list's are very hard to keep. Trumpets are intricate instruments that take quite a bit of time to build and require individual attention when building. If Mark could build a trumpet for everyone he has on paper, the next day there would be more. I asked Mark for a call years ago, and last time we talked he gave me the option of getting one from Unicoi, which I was unable to attend, regardless he gave me an option which I was grateful. I grew up listening to Mark run game calls before 90% of this forum knew who he was. Mark is a great man, and one of his word. Just because he doesn't want to kill himself in the shop doesn't give anyone the right to question his integrity.