OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Woodhaven vs. Hootin stick

Started by bigdrumnc, February 20, 2023, 01:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdrumnc

Of the two production owl calls....the Harrison hootin skick and the Woodhaven ninja owl....which is better?  I have been using the primos owl flute thing with minimal success.  I do not think it's load enough,  especially on breezy days.  My version of an owl call is horrible,  so I will rely on a commercial version.  These two seem to be readily available .

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Shoreguy

Jroddc

Sir-diealot

I need to learn it much better but everybody I have ever known says the Harrison Hootin Stick. In case you have not heard the Harrison this is him playing the set he made for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1k3LBaDUhE And him on stage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7KINgSQRXQ
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

TScottW99

They're both good calls and will both jerk a gobble out of a bird. I prefer the Harrison as it looks a lot better, the Nina works and is easy to run but dang, it's not pretty  ;D
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

eddie234

I by no means an expert but I have a matched set hooter and crow call from Harrison. I can hoot pretty good with this one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Roscoe_outdoors

Hootin stick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmyg97

I have the Harrison hootin stick and it sounds good and is easy to run.

Tandin93

I have them both and definitely prefer the Harrison.

Callmn closer

btodd00

Harrison is easiest owl call I've ever tried although I have not tried a woodhaven

Sadler McGraw

Sadler McGraw Custom Calls
World and Grand National Calling Champion

beagler

Never Misses

WV Ridge Reaper

Always been a houndstooth fan..but I got that Harrison from Phelps game calls..the acrylic,I'm here to tell ya that a good en a really good en