turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

M2 Vest (Tethrd)

Started by wyetterp, February 18, 2023, 02:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Good luck with it, enjoy your season.....
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Wanted to mention there is a Brand New M2 vest from a reliable forum member for sale in our classified posted today if anyone is looking......
"Solo hunter"

Terry

Quote from: Tom007 on March 15, 2023, 05:09:16 PM
Wanted to mention there is a Brand New M2 vest from a reliable forum member for sale in our classified posted today if anyone is looking......
I wouldn't say he's reliable...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: Terry on March 15, 2023, 05:12:11 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on March 15, 2023, 05:09:16 PM
I wouldn't say he's reliable...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are too humble buddy.......
"Solo hunter"

Borsy

This vest is very tempting for me after seeing the youtube videos how the seat works. The following things are alluring: great seat system, distributes weight to belt more than just shoulders, quiet, multi species usage, slim and sleek, modular. Really the only two potential downsides IMO is the lack of padding in the back area (just a personal preference) but is a "trade-offs" type thing, and the system for the box call doesn't look as user friendly as what I prefer, but haven't personally seen this vest. Another thing I wonder about is how the pouches behave when the belt is tightened around your hips/belly area and you go to sit down and bring knees up. With typical vests there's not a belt locking things to your mid section, so when you go to sit down, the calls etc are allowed to sort of scrunch and ride up freely to an extant. Maybe this is a non-issue with the M2 and the pouches react just fine to sitting down. Just haven't seen one to really check it out. Certainly the price is higher than overseas made vests, but seems realistic given the cost to manufacture in USA. I'm willing to pay for quality if the benefits are there. Haven't come to a conclusion yet though on the M2. Still rocking a Cabelas Tactical Tatr 2 and Minimalist, and love them both. Bought a rogers tough man turkey vest last year after season but haven't hunted it yet.

Dazzler

Quote from: Borsy on March 16, 2023, 08:17:19 PM
Bought a rogers tough man turkey vest last year after season but haven't hunted it yet.

Does the tough man seem well built?  I assume it's made overseas?

Borsy

My guess is the Rogers Tough Man is made overseas. It's definitely not as durable feeling as my cabelas vests, nor is the fabric as quiet, but it's lighter, fits well (I'm about 5'6, 175 lbs), and has a pretty great pocket layout IMO. I'd say you can easily get it cinched down to the S/M size that the old Cabelas vests were (an ideal size for smaller to average sized people). For small mods to that vest, there's a few jangly metal zippers that I threaded some sting threw to quiet. On the back of the vest there is a vertical water bladder sleave centered on the back. I cut a long piece of that stadium foam seat pad and put it in there for back padding (actually did two layers and the result is that it's very comfortable to my back. The seat pad isn't quite as cush as a cabelas speed seat, but it seems pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of magnet seats, but I would say this one is pretty strong and locks up solidly. Overall I think it's a pretty solid vest option. I'll probably use it some this season.

Delmar ODonnell

I just got one with the hydration bag option and the two horizontal pourches. Hunted it for the first time this morning.

First impressions:

Love how it fits and distributes weight. Feel almost as agile/flexible as if I wasn't wearing a vest. I have been running the Alps grand slam and have always taken my shoulders out of the straps when I sat down on a turkey. I don't believe I will have to with the M2.

There is just enough storage, and I carry relatively few things. I carry one pot and two strikers in the left pouch. I use the extra pot holder to carry my tube, and the mouth call holder they provided to put my conditioning stone. Right pouch has shells and snacks and pruners. With a full water bladder, the backpack has little room. My main concern was that I would have nowhere to put extra clothes when I start shedding layers, but I think I can stuff them in the bungees on the backpack. Either way, I would probably prefer the bird bag for this reason alone.

It isn't as modular/customizable as you would think, because the horizontal pouches cover all the molle attachments. I attached a rangefinder pouch on the side, but attached via the side support strap, not the molle.

The speed seat works. Don't understand how these aren't industry standard. Can't stand a seat flopping the backs of my thighs when I'm walking.

Overall, I think it is the best vest available for how I hunt, but wish the backpack was a little bigger.

Borsy

Nice, thanks for sharing your evaluation of the M2.

Burtwill

So I received my vest and have it ready to go now. Overall I think I am going to like it. Fairly light and shouldn't be too hot. I live the layout only two things I do not like. I wish it had a designated thermacell pocket (may come up with my own mod) the seat is elastic so you like stretch it to your butt before sitting. That part is ok I think but the seat sort of flops as you walk so i will probably be adding some magnets for that.

The seat is very comfortable though and I will likely use this same vest as my deer hunting pack too.

PALongspur

Quote from: Burtwill on March 20, 2023, 09:53:14 AM
So I received my vest and have it ready to go now. Overall I think I am going to like it. Fairly light and shouldn't be too hot. I live the layout only two things I do not like. I wish it had a designated thermacell pocket (may come up with my own mod) the seat is elastic so you like stretch it to your butt before sitting. That part is ok I think but the seat sort of flops as you walk so i will probably be adding some magnets for that.

The seat is very comfortable though and I will likely use this same vest as my deer hunting pack too.

If your vest is flopping you can definitely tighten down the side straps. That's why they're elastic. Same situation as the Cabelas' vests.

Dtrkyman

Final Rise is now making a turkey vest, they are known for their upland vests.  High quality american made gear.

https://finalrise.com/collections/summit-turkey-system/products/summit-turkey-system

Matt76cmich

Quote from: Dtrkyman on March 24, 2023, 09:48:16 AM
Final Rise is now making a turkey vest, they are known for their upland vests.  High quality american made gear.

https://finalrise.com/collections/summit-turkey-system/products/summit-turkey-system
To configure one of those with what comes with the M2 you're looking at around $455.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Dazzler

Quote from: Matt76cmich on March 24, 2023, 11:18:01 AM

To configure one of those with what comes with the M2 you're looking at around $455.

bUy oNce crY onCe

Matt76cmich

Quote from: Dazzler on March 24, 2023, 11:21:02 AM
Quote from: Matt76cmich on March 24, 2023, 11:18:01 AM

bUy oNce crY onCe
That's why I bought the M2.