OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: M2 Vest (Tethrd)  (Read 10315 times)

Offline ScottTaulbee

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
Re: M2 Vest (Tethrd)
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2023, 10:09:38 AM »
I really like the adjustability and customization aspects of this vest. Seems very well built and should last. I haven't seen this vest in person yet, but I have a good bit of experience with Tethrd saddles and they are very well made and thought out. Considering most vests on the market are $100 to $100+++ I wouldn't have a problem dropping that kind of money for this one because it would handle the kind of abuse I would put it through, be cooler in hot weather than most, customizable to how I want and most likely wear better.

Definitely looking forward to checking this one out.
My thoughts exactly, everything I’ve had from tethrd is thought out well and bombproof. That’s what I was telling a buddy of mine this morning, I’d rather spend 300+ dollars on a USA made vest that I can use for small game, and turkey, customize anyway I want or need to fit what I want at the time and or take off what I don’t want at the time over buying a 130$ to 230$ vest with pockets that seem designed by someone who have never stepped in the woods and that will rip and tear in a couple seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kwild835

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2023, 10:15:58 AM »
Has anyone seen how the seat deploys?

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2023, 10:23:09 AM »
Looks like another great option for vests. Looks very well made too……
“Solo hunter”

Offline Dtrkyman

• Double Beard
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2023, 10:43:49 AM »
The fact you can remove all the turkey specific stuff then add deer hunting acc. really makes this a good option.

A crappy vest is 100$, then add a treestand pack for another 100$, if you want quality your going to pay more for each so why not just buy this system and be done?

Would make a decent day pack for Elk hunting even when hunting from a base camp or lodge.

Interested to see all the acc. they come up with, looks to solve a few of the thing I do not like about my RNG200!

May have to sell that and try this rig?

Offline Bingoman

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2023, 10:57:26 AM »
I've always wondered how well a chief upland vest would pan out if you could get a sit pad attached to it.  Kinda the same idea as the m2 maybe

Online TBoo

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2023, 11:00:41 AM »
Looking for a new vest and this one has my interest.  Prices of vests along with most everything else is getting a little crazy.  Going to keep an eye out for when these come out. 

Offline ScottTaulbee

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2023, 11:02:55 AM »
The fact you can remove all the turkey specific stuff then add deer hunting acc. really makes this a good option.

A crappy vest is 100$, then add a treestand pack for another 100$, if you want quality your going to pay more for each so why not just buy this system and be done?

Would make a decent day pack for Elk hunting even when hunting from a base camp or lodge.

Interested to see all the acc. they come up with, looks to solve a few of the thing I do not like about my RNG200!

May have to sell that and try this rig?
Exactly, I liked the RNG series but had a couple things I wanted to change, this vest done them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RLAG

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2023, 02:19:10 PM »
The system will come with either the hydration pack or bird bag and if you want both it's +$50

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline slave601

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2023, 03:36:19 PM »
Really like the vest but lost me at the price tag. No thanks
"thinnin the flock"

Offline wyetterp

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2023, 12:53:08 AM »
Has anyone seen how the seat deploys?

It looks to just be straps & buckles. Really hoping they add some good magnets. I turn into a t-rex when I try & fool with buckle seats in the woods. Hate 'em.

It does appear that the seat & buckles sit kinda low & are close to where the top of the rear pocket are on pants.  Not too bad a location.

Would like to see more of it also.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2023, 05:28:07 AM »
Watching the video, it does resemble the Grounded Vest with the larger front pockets. Looks nice….
“Solo hunter”

Offline Old Timer

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2023, 09:11:51 AM »
There was another video posted. Suppose to be available in March. The backpack and pouch seem to look like they sit really low. I don`t see where there is any pad for shoulders against a tree. I got to have that. Maybe it`s adjustable.   

Offline dzsmith

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2023, 09:45:03 AM »
Looks like an awesome vest. Light weight and perfect for the minimalist from the videos I’ve seen but there is no way I’m paying 299.99 for that vest
it’s an American made vest, and according to them the only American made vest. I think 299 is pretty fair , in those regards. While it is expensive for a vest, it is still cheaper than it’s non American  counterpart we’ve seen for sale recently at a much higher price . I’m not a tethrd fan boy either , i saddle hunt and don’t use any tethrd products because most of their stuff IS NOT made in the U.S.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Offline Cowboy

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2023, 10:17:59 AM »
I love the American Made part if true. Overall concept I like and soft material and pattern.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Offline Lucky Goose

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2023, 10:50:02 AM »
I'm super interested in the vest as well.  But....those two ladder locks at the shoulder blades and even the gliders below them are a concern when you think about leaning on a tree.  When I really slouch and try to get small on a tree those ladder locks are going to be rough.  I like the layout so much though that it would be worth having the ladder locks removed and tacking the back straps permanently together once fitted to your size... 

Oh and do you think we can get extra M2 labels to put on it ::)