OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tristar Cobra II pump .410 choke help  (Read 1036 times)

Offline tracker#1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
  • Big game tracker with dogs, Oathkeeper, NRA Endowm
Tristar Cobra II pump .410 choke help
« on: February 13, 2023, 11:02:04 AM »
I was told that Beretta/Benelli Mobile chokes fit this gun. I ordered a flush mount full choke from Midway USA. To my dismay, the choke doesn't thread so sending it back. Does anyone know what the correct choke is for this gun? When I called Tristar they said that that's the proper choke ...What gives?

Offline runngun

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
Re: Tristar Cobra II pump .410 choke help
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 05:31:43 PM »
I ran into the same problem with Charles Daly and CZ. It looks like Mobil, but threads are "proprietary."  Something with the made in Turkey guns. 

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Offline snoman4

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 10:38:00 PM »
I have a Tristar Cobra Youth 20 gauge and had no issues with a Carlsons choke in Mobil threads seating properly.

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

Offline tracker#1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
  • Big game tracker with dogs, Oathkeeper, NRA Endowm
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 11:11:51 AM »
I called Tristar and spoke with a knowledgeable person. He knew not "all" Benelli/Beretta Mobil chokes are created equal. Some threads carry a different "pitch". Beretta manufactures the choke I ordered from Midway USA, so no go...So I ordered a couple of chokes directly from Tristar. He also recommended ordering chokes for Tristar guns from Carlson's. Their businesses are located close together geographically and their sales teams also hunt together...

Offline Bigfootwolff

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2023, 01:50:26 PM »
After seeing this post I told a buddy of mine to get a Carlson's TSS turkey choke in Beretta/Benelli threads for his Cobra II.  He did and the choke tube would not thread into the barrel.  He called Tristar and they said that this happens, and sometimes the factory in Turkey cuts the threads at a slightly different pitch, and if he would send in the barrel and choke tube they would chase the barrel threads to ensure the Carlson's choke tube would fit.  He sent it in and had it back 7 days later.  Choke tube works perfectly now.  Definitely have to say Tristar's customer service is pretty impressive.

Offline krm944

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2023, 12:45:43 AM »
After seeing this post I told a buddy of mine to get a Carlson's TSS turkey choke in Beretta/Benelli threads for his Cobra II.  He did and the choke tube would not thread into the barrel.  He called Tristar and they said that this happens, and sometimes the factory in Turkey cuts the threads at a slightly different pitch, and if he would send in the barrel and choke tube they would chase the barrel threads to ensure the Carlson's choke tube would fit.  He sent it in and had it back 7 days later.  Choke tube works perfectly now.  Definitely have to say Tristar's customer service is pretty impressive.

This is very positive to hear. 7 days is quick!!!