turkeys for tomorrow

GOATS Check-In for 2023

Started by GobbleNut, February 07, 2023, 08:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crow

Quote from: reflexl on February 24, 2023, 08:34:42 AM
Quote from: crow on February 23, 2023, 07:32:10 PM
Quote from: randy6471 on February 23, 2023, 06:45:03 PM
Looks like you guys really followed the GOATS "High Intensity Offseason Training Program".... you're already in mid-season form!  :happy0064:

There really is no offseason.
I just came in from the squirrel woods, I walked backwards the whole time, got right up close to a bunch of them, I guess they thought I was leaving and didn't spook. Going to try it on some gobblers first chance I get.

It's innovative thinking like this that puts the goats on the front row, especially if you can get goose sounds out of your yelper, the reversed low to high notes while walking backwards just paralyzes a gobbler, it's almost not fair.

You are giving away our secrets!  Oh I forgot. all of the other teams can't read. Scared me for a minute.

Thats correct, I thought ahead and left out the pictures.

The key to walking backwards and not spooking them is doing it in a strait line, most of the other teams can't stay sober long enough to walk forwards in a strait line let alone backwards  :happy0167:

crow

Looks like the Boring twinkies are having trouble filling their team, rumor is some switched to .410s because of excessive 20.ga recoil.

Need a new name, The Boring Teeny Weenys.

Paulmyr

Quote from: crow on February 24, 2023, 02:12:12 PM
Looks like the Boring twinkies are having trouble filling their team, rumor is some switched to .410s because of excessive 20.ga recoil.

Need a new name, The Boring Teeny Weenys.

Think I snorted on that one!
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

reflexl

This year we aint playing. We is serious. Like really serious! What are the other teams going to do when we break out the "DECOY?" 

timberjack86

I'm out this year fellers,  I've got way too much going on and I'd just be dead weight. Good luck guys I'm rooting for y'all!!

GobbleNut

Quote from: timberjack86 on February 24, 2023, 08:00:56 PM
I'm out this year fellers,  I've got way too much going on and I'd just be dead weight. Good luck guys I'm rooting for y'all!!

Sorry to hear that, timberjack.  You and Guesswho will be listed as esteemed alumni of the 2022 championship squad.   :D :icon_thumright:

crow

Your dead to me, I don't even know you anymore

Hope everything smooths out for you and you are able to get out some this spring

guesswho

Quote from: GobbleNut on February 25, 2023, 08:59:07 AM
Sorry to hear that, timberjack.  You and Guesswho will be listed as esteemed alumni of the 2022 championship squad.   :D :icon_thumright:
I'm going to have to look up the meaning of esteemed and alumni before I decide if I approve or object.   Esteemed sounds like something you made up, and alumni looks like something you misspelled or didn't finish.   Then again they both sound like something you would use in the pursuit of a Sabbatical slam.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

GobbleNut

Quote from: guesswho on February 25, 2023, 10:59:28 AM
Quote from: GobbleNut on February 25, 2023, 08:59:07 AM
I'm going to have to look up the meaning of esteemed and alumni before I decide if I approve or object.   Esteemed sounds like something you made up, and alumni looks like something you misspelled or didn't finish.   Then again they both sound like something you would use in the pursuit of a Sabbatical slam.

:D  You know me way too well after all these years....   ;D :angel9:

reflexl

Sorry to hear that. I completely understand.