OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help my yelp

Started by Terry, February 12, 2023, 07:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris O

All 3 are great Terry !!! I sure enjoy listening to your sound files. When it gets nice go into the woods and have your phone recording about 25 to 30 yrds away. Don't point your call right at your phone but 45 to 90 degrees off to the side of it and then let us hear them again. I bet we all think that they all sound like a live hen. Thanks for sharing them

Terry

That bark you talk about I refer to as thump. I know what you mean and it's certainly hard on a trumpet. Still working on it, I have my moments but it's inconsistent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nitro

You have improved greatly Terry.

Sounds great and I think you have reached a high level of skill. Congrats. Practice pays off. Good luck this Spring!
Royal Slam 2008

Terry

Quote from: nitro on February 13, 2023, 06:07:07 PM
You have improved greatly Terry.

Sounds great and I think you have reached a high level of skill. Congrats. Practice pays off. Good luck this Spring!
I appreciate that Andrew

Zobo

Yeah, your yelp doesn't need help!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

War Nock

What call are you using? Who makes it ? And do you sound the same on most any call you use?  :turkey2:

Terry

Quote from: War Nock on March 04, 2023, 10:35:56 AM
What call are you using? Who makes it ? And do you sound the same on most any call you use?  :turkey2:
A trumpet, and for the most part I can get very similar sounds out of any good trumpet or wingbone.

Notsoyoungturk

I would agree with everyone else.  They all sound really good.  Let Tom decide whether he wants the blonde, brunette  or the red head that day.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Spitten and drummen

First one. Both will kill birds. Go outside and play them fifty yards from the recorder and you will see how much better they really sound. Anything coming out of a trumpet is turkey.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE