OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Trumpet Lanyard

Started by Greg Massey, February 22, 2023, 10:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmbellew

the one lanyard I have from Permar might be turned delrin. it is basically just a long bead. but it holds well and is easy to adjust.

aclawrence

Quote from: paboxcall on March 01, 2023, 03:56:28 PM
What if you used two beads, and use each to slide the two knots? Reach behind, grab a bead in each hand and pull - that should draw up the drop evenly.
The deal is that the drop is a fixed point on the circle so you have to tie those knots the same distance from the drop or it would look lopsided.  It's just an aesthetics thing. They will both tighten up equally but they may not be centered around the drop on the circle if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paboxcall

Quote from: aclawrence on March 01, 2023, 04:53:56 PM
Quote from: paboxcall on March 01, 2023, 03:56:28 PM
What if you used two beads, and use each to slide the two knots? Reach behind, grab a bead in each hand and pull - that should draw up the drop evenly.
The deal is that the drop is a fixed point on the circle so you have to tie those knots the same distance from the drop or it would look lopsided.  It's just an aesthetics thing. They will both tighten up equally but they may not be centered around the drop on the circle if that makes sense.

How about this - the drop to the lanyard is not fixed, but slides on a loop around the neck lanyard? Wouldn't matter aesthetically then if one side drew up faster, that drop would slide to the bottom with gravity.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

aclawrence

Yeah you could definitely do that. That was my first though but Ralph's set up is pretty slick. You could easily have a drop that would slide on the necklace part. I'm going to research for something to fit on the paracord though. Some of these other guys may already have something that works.

sbbow

Quote from: aclawrence on March 01, 2023, 06:34:53 PM
Yeah you could definitely do that. That was my first though but Ralph's set up is pretty slick. You could easily have a drop that would slide on the necklace part. I'm going to research for something to fit on the paracord though. Some of these other guys may already have something that works.

You could always try cord locks .

aclawrence

I use them with shock cord.  Doesn't seem as sexy as a turned piece of amber lol. That would work though.

Terry

I make my own out of 2mm cord, a silicone bead, and a cord lock. The silicone bead has a 2mm hole, so with two strands going through it I use it as a cord stop to secure the knot. Although the knot doesn't need to be secured as it's hard as heck to loosen. The cord lock is to adjust the length obviously. When searching I like to leave it a little longer. When sitting and working a bird I tighten it up closer to my neck. Just what I have found works for me. Also, you can't see it under the call, but the cord ends are tied in a knot. That way if the cord lock breaks, the call is still hanging from my neck.

sbbow

Quote from: Terry on March 01, 2023, 08:17:45 PM

I make my own out of 2mm cord, a silicone bead, and a cord lock. The silicone bead has a 2mm hole, so with two strands going through it I use it as a cord stop to secure the knot. Although the knot doesn't need to be secured as it's hard as heck to loosen. The cord lock is to adjust the length obviously. When searching I like to leave it a little longer. When sitting and working a bird I tighten it up closer to my neck. Just what I have found works for me. Also, you can't see it under the call, but the cord ends are tied in a knot. That way if the cord lock breaks, the call is still hanging from my neck.

well done!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TurkinTone

Been tying these for a while. Like aclawrence's, slide adjustable single drop. I'm a stickler for symmetry in an OCD way so I tie them with the lanyard groove diameter in mind. They work well with all calls.