OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Upkeep of the site  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Upkeep of the site
« on: February 08, 2023, 01:59:41 PM »
Okay guys ,
This is ....Year 15 for oldgobbler.com !!! We started back in 2008 and we have kept true to our goal and that is to provide a place for like minded TURKEY HUNTING NUTS (that would be me and you )to socialize, interact , learn ..and even sell and buy some nice gear , calls etc!! The site as grown and grown so has all forms of social media ...when OG was created.. smart phones were not a thing ...now everyone has one and they  google info , then wind up here and spend some time ...it's been a spell since we looked at the analytic data , but best estimate is that we have AT LEAST  10 times more people that look at the site on a daily basis than we registered members  , we have a circulation that is phenomenal

In order to do this ...me and the wife fabricated the site , hosted it on a server it's HEFTY we had to upgrade it several times over the years we pay monthly ($$$) and spent time ..again ..time is money, so more   ($$$$) ..funds generated from advertising, and most importantly member supported fundraising (patches ) compensate for those expenses.. we are VERY GRATEFUL that YOU keep the lights on

The patches ...SOLD OUT ..in fact the bulk of them blew out in less than 48 hours ...I'm sorry but they are gone

Advertising...guys if you have a small turkey call or outdoor  company, message me and and I can help your company and you get off the ground...our "bang for the buck" has no equal , period ..

Now , over the years people have and still do make anonymous donations, they just love the site!!! and have benefited personally or financially from it , sold calls bought calls , classifies  ..made friends and have made experiences that will last a lifetime  , they "chip in ", in gratitude of the site .. it is GREATLY APPRECIATED .. my PayPal account is support@oldgobbler.com I use that for PayPal transactions and don't use it for emails , if you wish to contact me ..simply message me here ..any amount is appreciated, and goes towards the site upkeep and maintenance

Thank you so much again --Shannon Kelly
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon